Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Nov 18, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #1,788 of 2,727
Do these ever get back in stock?
Either I'm unlucky wanting to purchase them at the wrong time or they are never in stock.
Can anyone shed a bit of light for me please...?

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #1,791 of 2,727
I had a cable made up by Oidio Cables here in the UK. It was the Oidio Mongrel cable and I couldn't be happier. They're an excellent company and their cables are top notch! I only wish they made IEM cables with MMCX connectors (they don't and won't).

Thanks for the recommendation! I went ahead with the Triton Audio 8 Litz 24.5AWG SPC cable in the end as I am familiar with their cables for my IEM - hopefully it sounds close to the SXC8 =)

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #1,792 of 2,727
Do these ever get back in stock?
Either I'm unlucky wanting to purchase them at the wrong time or they are never in stock.
Can anyone shed a bit of light for me please...?
I am right there with ya! I emailed Campfire, a while back and they said they experiencing delays from parts manufacturers, and they have no ETA, of when they will be back in stock.

Nov 19, 2019 at 2:34 AM Post #1,793 of 2,727
Why did you buy the Oidio as well? Spending £400 on replacement cables for a £700 headphone is maybe a bit excessive?
Ha, perfectly true, plus I paid 100 euros for import tax. I bought the Oidio beforehand because I was curious about their cables. Curiosity then got the better of me for the SXC8 cable. Probably is a bit excessive, I agree. They're definitely not the best value headphones when you compare them to something like the DT1990 Pro, which to my mind are excellent value.

Nov 19, 2019 at 3:19 AM Post #1,794 of 2,727
Fair enough. It'd be very hypocritical of me to criticise any Head-Fier for spending excessive amounts on their hobby! :wink: It's the sort of thing my Bank Manager would say to me!

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:11 AM Post #1,795 of 2,727
I had a cable made up by Oidio Cables here in the UK. It was the Oidio Mongrel cable and I couldn't be happier. They're an excellent company and their cables are top notch! I only wish they made IEM cables with MMCX connectors (they don't and won't).
Looks like they are out of stock on all of the Cascade/HD800 cables at the moment.

I'd like a 2.5mm balanced cable for my Cascades, so hopefully they'll be back in stock soon.

Nov 26, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #1,799 of 2,727
I ended up removing the white filter on a set of Cascade pads I have just to experiment with the modification. Wow. Anyone who finds the mid-bass hump a bit muddy on the Cascades, I *highly* recommend experimenting with this. It seriously cleans up the grainy mid-bass bleed without losing the sub-bass oomph. They are now way more neutral, such that the considerable EQ tweak i previously applied isn't necessary. I A/B'd the cloth pads with the white filter installed and the leather pads without the white filter, and the tonality is very similar. I'm amazed more people haven't mentioned this mod, and a bit surprised that they come pre-installed with the white filters. Give it a go if you have the chance.

Dec 2, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #1,800 of 2,727
I ended up removing the white filter on a set of Cascade pads I have just to experiment with the modification. Wow. Anyone who finds the mid-bass hump a bit muddy on the Cascades, I *highly* recommend experimenting with this. It seriously cleans up the grainy mid-bass bleed without losing the sub-bass oomph. They are now way more neutral, such that the considerable EQ tweak i previously applied isn't necessary. I A/B'd the cloth pads with the white filter installed and the leather pads without the white filter, and the tonality is very similar. I'm amazed more people haven't mentioned this mod, and a bit surprised that they come pre-installed with the white filters. Give it a go if you have the chance.

I tried this. Peeled of the white filter and I am very impressed. This makes the Cascade very neutral now. Definitely cuts some of the bass dominance. Appreciate the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back