Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Oct 2, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #1,741 of 2,727
Beautiful headphones. Fortunately we have tomorrow a feast day in Germany (day of german unity). Therefore I can enjoy my cascades with some beer and my beloved dub techno. The title is "Vytis - Exploration Dub" from the EP: "Dub Swamps". Wow...

Cascade 2.jpg
Cascade 1.jpg

Oct 2, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #1,742 of 2,727
Beautiful headphones. Fortunately we have tomorrow a feast day in Germany (day of german unity). Therefore I can enjoy my cascades with some beer and my beloved dub techno. The title is "Vytis - Exploration Dub" from the EP: "Dub Swamps". Wow...

Whenever I return to my cascade I remember why this is still one of my favourite headphones.

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #1,744 of 2,727
15701820013723776667710120418871.jpg

These Cascades have blown my Westone Um Pro 50s out of the water. They make a £600 IEM seem lacking! Using them with a Chord Mojo and Cowon Plenue M2 and, I have to say, that's nearly end-game for me (or at least for my wallet).

I have a custom westone and I agree, once I had my cascades, I do 90 percent of my listening on it. It's slowly but steadily replacing my need for IEM. Whenever I can, I reach for the cascade instead of iem. Although RHA cl2 with EQ had been a great little iem for me lately.

Especially with rock and heavy metal, the cascade really just does so well. Even my girlfriend who much rather prefers IEM's really likes the Cascade.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #1,745 of 2,727

I have a custom westone and I agree, once I had my cascades, I do 90 percent of my listening on it. It's slowly but steadily replacing my need for IEM. Whenever I can, I reach for the cascade instead of iem. Although RHA cl2 with EQ had been a great little iem for me lately.

Especially with rock and heavy metal, the cascade really just does so well. Even my girlfriend who much rather prefers IEM's really likes the Cascade.
Could you take a photo of inside the cups? I'm curious to see how big they are and if my ear would fit. maybe put something universal next to it or a ruler so i could see an estimate to size. :)

Oct 4, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #1,746 of 2,727
Could you take a photo of inside the cups? I'm curious to see how big they are and if my ear would fit. maybe put something universal next to it or a ruler so i could see an estimate to size. :)

I can put an Andromeda or a ER4SR in it for scale. Would any of this work for you? In terms of universal item I guess a 2 euro coin isn't universal to Canadians.

I unfortunately don't have a banana in the house for the universal banana for scale

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #1,747 of 2,727
I can put an Andromeda or a ER4SR in it for scale. Would any of this work for you? In terms of universal item I guess a 2 euro coin isn't universal to Canadians.

I unfortunately don't have a banana in the house for the universal banana for scale
Nope none of that helps LOL, but i think 2$ coin is larger than a 2 euro coin.

Oct 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #1,749 of 2,727
Oct 4, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #1,750 of 2,727

Fanta for scale as I couldn't find a ruler :frowning2: sorry
hmmm seems pretty big, i dont have huge ears, id say average? I should be ok. now i just need to wait for them to become available on the CA shop :frowning2:

Oct 4, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #1,751 of 2,727

*fist bump*
Just listened to FFDP based on your players screen...WHOAH! You're right about them working well with metal! :beyersmile:

Oct 9, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #1,754 of 2,727
I also wonder why CFA is not bringing out any cloth large versions.
I believe many long time cascade users have started using cloth pads with great success. But that excludes people from with large ears to use it :frowning2:

If my memory serves me right, Mr Ken Ball said that they are not planning to produce the xl cloth pad. I fear that your desire won`t fullfilled.:pensive:

Can anyone give me some feedback on how the XL pads compare to the cloth pads in terms of overall signature and spaciousness? I'm keen to order some but they're pricey to import from the US, so any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I don`t own the xl leather pads just the stock and the cloth ones. But the xl pads are from leather as the stock ones. The sound differences between stock to xl are for certain smaller than to the cloth ones. I suppose that maybe of the bigger size in comparison to the stock ones, that you get with the xl pads a little bigger soundstage, but they retain the sound signature of the stock ones.
If you have at the moment just the stock pads, I would recommend you buying first the cloth pads, because with them you get a different sound signature. But when you prefer the stock to the cloth pads, than a purchase of the xl pads make sense for you.

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:09 PM Post #1,755 of 2,727
If my memory serves me right, Mr Ken Ball said that they are not planning to produce the xl cloth pad. I fear that your desire won`t fullfilled.:pensive:

I don`t own the xl leather pads just the stock and the cloth ones. But the xl pads are from leather as the stock ones. The sound differences between stock to xl are for certain smaller than to the cloth ones. I suppose that maybe of the bigger size in comparison to the stock ones, that you get with the xl pads a little bigger soundstage, but they retain the sound signature of the stock ones.
If you have at the moment just the stock pads, I would recommend you buying first the cloth pads, because with them you get a different sound signature. But when you prefer the stock to the cloth pads, than a purchase of the xl pads make sense for you.
Thanks very much for this detailed reply. I do have the cloth pads, indeed. I find the sound signature superb - ideal. But there's no way the comfort level is the same as the leather ones. I already like the leather pads for their sound, but if the XL were to introduce a little more refinement, that would be welcome. Ultimately, the Cascade's respond well to EQ, so maybe it's not an issue. I will likely give them a go. As I said above, there don't seem available in the EU, sadly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back