Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Feb 2, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #61 of 2,727
I’m really curious about the “open back sound” claim. Did they do something to reduce reflection? Very curious about the Beryllium as well. Is it a layer or fully Beryllium? Specs look sweet. If they really are open sounding I’ll probably purchase

PVD is Physical Vapor Deposition so I guess it is Beryllium coated something .

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #64 of 2,727
This is very tempting. Although I can't spend $800 on this. I have other things to take care of. Someday I won't be broke all the time. You know. From responsibilities.

Feb 2, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #65 of 2,727
Excellent! And congratulations on the next step in your business. The Cascade certainly has many of us intrigued.

Feb 2, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #68 of 2,727
Forgot to mention,

The burn in on the Cascade is HUGE, so please connect them to any source and play them at normal listening volume and run them for 3 days straight. They really open up after about 72 - 200 hours+ Right out of the box they sound good but improve a lot after burn in.

Thanks

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 2, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #70 of 2,727
Forgot to mention,

The burn in on the Cascade is HUGE, so please connect them to any source and play them at normal listening volume and run them for 3 days straight. They really open up after about 72 - 200 hours+ Right out of the box they sound good but improve a lot after burn in.

Thanks

Ken

What improves Ken?

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:29 AM Post #72 of 2,727
Oooooh, finally they are here! I have been waiting for these to come out ever since I heard there would be a over-ear offering with Vega like sound (I own the Vegas and fell in love with the sound of them).

When I was reading about the prototypes a while back, apparently there was a beryllium version and a non-crystalline diamond one (the same tech used in the Vega). Refer to this post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...a-ii-head-fi-tv.823337/page-171#post-13235393

What exactly does this mean? Did you guys end up going with the beryllium version as the best option or will there still be and upcoming non-crystalline diamond driver version? I want to make sure before I hop on this purchase. Like I said... if it sounds anything like the Vega's, I'm in! :smile_phones:

Also glad to see you guys stuck with the HD800 connectors! If I end up getting these they will be compatible with my Danacable Lazuli HD800 balanced cable which is awesome.

However, if the Campfire in-ear cables are any indication, the stock cable will be no slouch either!

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #73 of 2,727
Oooooh, finally they are here! I have been waiting for these to come out ever since I heard there would be a over-ear offering with Vega like sound (I own the Vegas and fell in love with the sound of them).

When I was reading about the prototypes a while back, apparently there was a beryllium version and a non-crystalline diamond one (the same tech used in the Vega). Refer to this post here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/cam...a-ii-head-fi-tv.823337/page-171#post-13235393

What exactly does this mean? Did you guys end up going with the beryllium version as the best option or will there still be and upcoming non-crystalline diamond driver version? I want to make sure before I hop on this purchase. Like I said... if it sounds anything like the Vega's, I'm in! :smile_phones:

Also glad to see you guys stuck with the HD800 connectors! If I end up getting these they will be compatible with my Danacable Lazuli HD800 balanced cable which is awesome.

However, if the Campfire in-ear cables are any indication, the stock cable will be no slouch either!
Oh Man! I was this close to placing an order today but just saw your post. I think I'll just wait for the non-crystalline diamond one. Hopefully it comes soon!

Feb 3, 2018 at 1:52 AM Post #74 of 2,727
Oh Man! I was this close to placing an order today but just saw your post. I think I'll just wait for the non-crystalline diamond one. Hopefully it comes soon!

I guess the best thing would be to wait for a response from Ken! Those posts were quite a while back so the plans may have changed and they have no plans to release a non-crystalline diamond one? We'll see.

Either way, really excited to see these finally release.

Feb 3, 2018 at 3:38 AM Post #75 of 2,727
799$? Good luck with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back