Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,726

Introducing NEW from Campfire Audio

Cascade-Images-Side.jpg

Cascade-Image-2.jpg

Years in the making; we've finally captured the Campfire Audio sound in a portable, closed-back headphone.

Cascade delivers exceptional musicality and openness. Sonic traits not found in typical ‘closed-back’ headphone designs.

A powerful and impactful sound with excellent speed and micro detail retrieval. Superior highs extend over the precisely controlled bass.

unnamed.jpg
(Ken and Caleb with some of the early prototypes of the Cascade, Ken levitating the Cascade!)

Cascade by Campfire Audio;
We started with great materials to reach our goal of a great headphone:​
  • Custom crafted 42mm beryllium PVD dynamic drivers.​
  • Aluminum and stainless steel construction.​
  • Premium sheepskin earpads.​
  • Detachable silver plated copper Litz cable with cloth jacket.​
  • Exceptional musicality and openness.​
  • Closed-back design.​
We spent a lot of time and effort to achieve the Campfire DNA into these closed back HiFi headphones. The sound is something we wanted very much to be in line with what our customers expect out of a product from CampFire Audio, not easy but we think we nailed it. We hope you will like the CFA house sound out of these wonderful headphones we have made.

For more information and how you can own a pair Of CampFire Audio Cascade headphones please go here.

CASCADE HEADPHONE BY CFA

Thank you, Ken

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Feb 1, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 2,726
Can we please get a pic of it on someone's head to gauge how big the pads are? Also, in your opinion, which of your earphones does this musically sound similar to? I'm having a hard time here stopping myself from clicking that "Add to cart" button!

Feb 1, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 2,726
Pique my interests but I'll first wait for impressions before pulling the trigger.

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #5 of 2,726
I was just reading about them now. They look premium. I am not really sure about the weight and if the earpad openings are big enough to accommodate big ears, other then that, happy with the price and they come with real leather pads, competition take notice, especially at this price point.:)
Hopefully they sound good.

Feb 1, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 2,726
Interesting. I'm assuming that at $800 US, it's all aluminum/stainless, no plastic in the housing?

Feb 1, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #15 of 2,726
Hey Guys,

So yeah its a real big personal milestone for us here and me personally. This has been my dream for over a decade now, and I cant believe its finally done. This was not easy or cheap to do and took a good 4 years to complete, lots of set backs but each one we learned a lot as we pressed forward. As most folks know Campfire is not a big company, with only 14 full time employees and a 5000 SF shop in Portland Oregon we are managing to work our magic :wink: / fight the good fight and stay true to ourselves. I started out making cables and then modifying headphones for people a long time ago, did a ton of re cabling and headphone tuning and always wanted to start from scratch to make my own. Fell in love with the early Ultrasone Edition 7 headphone and noticed that there were not a lot of really good small portable closed back cans, so decided to shoot for that.

Ours uses a lot of premium materials and very little plastic. Tuning was really spot on so the sound is very good, if you like the Vega you will love these cans. I think all the years of making cables, re cabling and tuning headphones and just generally listening to everything out there has given us a pretty good view of the landscape to craft our own sound. I hope that Head-fi people will appreciate these subtle things we have injected into the Cascade.

Cheers,

Ken

Last edited:
Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back