1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by KB, Feb 1, 2018.
First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last
  1. Wes S
    The beyer are pretty heavy, for portable use, but could work.

2. kp297
    Listening to Starboy with the Cascades is so freaking good!! If you have a pair of Cascades, do it. Now.

supervisor likes this.
  3. Rick T.
    Hi,

I really like the sound of these, too bad about the long term discomfort on the top of my head (hot spot.)

I hope Campfire comes out with a “Mk II” some day; with a new headband design.

4. BuddhaBruce
    That's the reason I sold mine :/

And I look like a dork on the streets with that wide ass headband

5. BuddhaBruce
    Hifiman Edition X V2 will give you excellent subbass and soundstage. Think it hits the nail on the head with what you are describing you want

K1030 likes this.
  6. BuddhaBruce
    I owned and sold the hp3. Comfort was terrible on these. While it sounded nice and had good bass, the mids felt dull. Something weird with the dynamics in the midrange turned me off. The resolution also wasn't up to par with the price

7. SilverEars
    :beyersmile: I know what you mean. I took a step back after I saw myself with them on. I was like, the headband should be snapping any time now...

8. BuddhaBruce
    I dont get why they went with that style, there are tons of headphones have a recessed design like the akg 553

9. 227qed
    Thanks for the recommendation. I’m pretty much in need of a closed back, but I guess that also kinda rules out the hp-3. But if the sound is THAT good out of anything, it should be worth the nagging to “turn it down” from the other half haha.

Either way, plenty of time to sort it out. Hoping to get more reviews on the TH-909 as well. It seems promising, but I’d really prefer to stay around 1k.

10. BuddhaBruce
    Well, I'm selling one so lmk if you were interested. Now back to the Cascade! Lovely headphone if only they change that headband design :)

11. 227qed
    Yeah we’ll back to the cascade indeed, from what I’ve read, the portability, build, comfort, bass, and mids all seem like they come together for a very strong package, especially since they’re the least expensive of everything I’m lookin at.

Before getting my “desktop” setup, I was ignorant of what a “quality” audio experience was. I carried my beats studios around to school, home, and work all day everyday for five years. They eventually broke and thus began my journey into “hifi”.

So I’m actually very excited about the prospect of the cascades offering the same kind of flexibility, but with a sound quality on a whole different level, especially with a portable dac/amp thrown into the mix.

Just not sure if sacrifices on the go are worth a “better” experience at home since it’s always just gotta be one set for now.

12. BuddhaBruce
    Sound is truly excellent on the cascade. It doesn't try to be a detail monster and succeeds very well in its sound signature. A warm and inviting sound.

I would say while the cascade is portable, it is not for use so much outside. More useful at wherever your destination is but not on the way to your destination.

ahmedie likes this.
  13. Zabens
    I don't mind the headband design at all. In fact, most people compliment about how sexy they look. I'm extremely happy with the cascades and I seriously can't think of a single pair of "do - it - all cans is give them up for. While not my solo end game cans, they're part of my end game line up. In fact. 3/4 of my end game are most likely campfire They're that good.

14. 227qed
    ^^ I appreciate the input. Certainly not planning on using any headphones “on the move” so to speak, as I prefer to be aware of my surroundings as a generally clumsy person haha.

But I’m liking what I’m reading about the cascades. If they really would be a solid sound upgrade to my THX00 with added portability and comfort, I just might be sold.

15. jmills8
    I have the Cascade and its not neautral and it has more bass than the th900 , more mid bass more bass impact. Im willing to sell mine, its one week old.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last