1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by KB, Feb 1, 2018.
First

Back
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last
  1. davesday
    Sounds like if I love my pair of Atlas, I should get the Cascade for a more comfortable and long listening session? :wink:

ahmedie likes this.
  2. ahmedie
    I prefer atlas by mile over cascade when auditioned them last week, they are that good ! btw I am a headphone guy !

3. Wes S
    Really? How can they even compare?

4. ahmedie
    Deleted

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  5. davesday
    Yeah I found the same too when listening on Atlas. I tried Cascade for a very short time and thought it is similar but it is very 'in your face'. I will be listening to the Cascade longer at my local shop and also to find out which filter was used.

ahmedie likes this.
  6. ahmedie
    Sorry I just listened again, Cascade was better than all iems in every category against iems i tried today including legend x, atlas and androma,

7. noplsestar
    That’s also what I found, when comparing the Cascade against IEMs like Legend X, 64 Audio U18t, Phantom, Xelento, ProPhile8, UE18+pro, Jomo Flamenco, Orioulus mkII etc.
    The Cascade is just that better! At least to me.
    Now I‘m looking forward to listening to them with the new cloth pads.

ahmedie likes this.
  8. Wiljen
    I really like what the cloth pads do for the Cascade. I'm almost to the point that I think the Cascade should ship with the Cloth and offer the Leather as the side item. Sound is much more balanced and between the #1 and #2 filter, I find them near perfect for several different genre.

noplsestar and elira like this.
  9. headwhacker
    Are you sure ? Might change your mind again :L3000:

ahmedie likes this.
  10. Wes S
    That seems about right. I just don't see any iem competing with any decent full size cans, and the Cascade is said to be way better than decent.

ahmedie likes this.
  11. ahmedie
    I just bought the cascade, they have very big bass, the mid are not in your face but you can hear all finest details pass through that heavy layer of rumbles really resembles expensive home theater setup. I used to listen to EDM and DJ songs in my old home theater (kef l50 with subwoofer) but after I adopted stax headphones I listened more to acoustic music like rock and well mastered stuff. well with cascade they are very forgiving with very big bass yet excellent and resolving with so many layers and layers of bass/mid/treble and extremely fun sounding. I will dare they are also have very accurate mid/treble and does not color instrument (tonality) except for elevated bass tones (again does not really color mid but add right amount of weight). The sound they produce really truly resemble stereo + sub woofer setup. In such setup a 30hz frequency lousiness is matched with 2000hz frequency loudiness since most AVR (AV recievers) compensate for lower frequency lousiness as human we healer less lower frequency.

obileye obiyemi, tekkster and ksorota like this.
  12. Wiljen
    If you haven't yet, try the cloth pads. They take nothing away from those fantastic mids and treble details but they do dial that subwoofer back just enough to keep it from becoming the singular focus of what you are listening to. For me, if you are both a bass-head and an audio enthusiast (and I use that term as some will argue you cannot be a bass-head and an audiophile) the cascade with the cloth pads provides as close to perfect an environment as I can think of. Big bass but accurate, crisp bass, with no bleed or obscuring of other frequencies and details that are on par with things that cost way more. The only things I have heard that I would put way ahead of the Cascade in detail retail for $2500 or more (Stax009, Focal Utopia)

13. obileye obiyemi
    Hi I just want to relay a little story of what happened with my cascades, one of the ear cups of the cascade that normally swivels about 180 degrees started to swivel 360 degrees but without any incidence, they did not drop or have any impact, and there was no unusual noise, everything seemed fine apart from that, I wasn't sure what to make of it or if anything was really wrong at all, so I went to the London CANJAM and I showed them to Ken to get his opinion, but upon seeing them, he confirmed that they were indeed broken and offered to take them back to the states with him, have them repaired and send them back to me in the UK!!! and that is exactly what happened and it took no more than two weeks! and at no cost to me whatsoever, I now have my cascades back and i m enjoying them immensely!! So wanna shout out a massive thanks to Ken. I could go on and on such a kind gesture but I believe it speaks enough for itself!! Enjoy the music.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  14. Mizukage
    Top rate company with first class customer service. That's CA.

ahmedie, robbi22 and obileye obiyemi like this.
  15. Wiljen
    I've never heard anything but good things about ALO and Campfire when it comes to taking care of their customers. I've pointed that out when people start comparing prices. Sure you can buy cheaper gear, but it doesn't come with the years of R&D that go into a custom builders product like a Campfire, and you don't get the kind of service that you do when dealing with a Campfire or the likes. I'd rather spend a few dollars more and know that if anything goes wrong, it will get fixed.

obileye obiyemi and B9Scrambler like this.
First

Back
74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83
85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94
Next

Last