Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:50 AM Post #676 of 2,726
Campfire Audio Cascade-D75_8280.jpg

They scale surprisingly well.

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #679 of 2,726
Got mine today. So far fantastic detailed sound and lots of bass. Paired with the cv5 and mojo for a couple of hours each, I hope the bass will balance with time but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

What is everyone using for cables? Any significent upgrade over the stock cable?

Mar 21, 2018 at 7:51 PM Post #680 of 2,726
Got mine today. So far fantastic detailed sound and lots of bass. Paired with the cv5 and mojo for a couple of hours each, I hope the bass will balance with time but I am enjoying it nonetheless.

What is everyone using for cables? Any significent upgrade over the stock cable?
Search in the thread under my name.

I cover some of what you are asking.

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #681 of 2,726
Received my CA Cascade today. I think I'm going to like these. A lot!

Mar 21, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #682 of 2,726
Using them at home on my main rig with good music I felt that the HD800 cables I had on hand I felt were a bit of an upgrade.

Mar 22, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #684 of 2,726
Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:51 AM Post #685 of 2,726
Great review @ExpatinJapan
I am still waiting for a comparison to the Sony Z7 (wink wink, nudge nudge)... hopefully someone would (finally) pick up the glove :wink:

Mar 22, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #686 of 2,726
Great review @ExpatinJapan
I am still waiting for a comparison to the Sony Z7 (wink wink, nudge nudge)... hopefully someone would (finally) pick up the glove :wink:
I owned the Z7s briefly so I'll offer a very basic assessment based on my recollection. Simply put, I recall the Z7s bass presentation as being broad, rumbling, and overpowering of the other frequencies. Even though we talk about the Cacade's bass being pronounced, it's better controlled IMO. I think the Cascade is a better headphone overall.

Mar 22, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #689 of 2,726
I owned the Z7s briefly so I'll offer a very basic assessment based on my recollection. Simply put, I recall the Z7s bass presentation as being broad, rumbling, and overpowering of the other frequencies. Even though we talk about the Cacade's bass being pronounced, it's better controlled IMO. I think the Cascade is a better headphone overall.

I had Z7 as well
Bass is not fast enough to keep mids clean. I am a known and huge Sony fanboy. Main DAP WM1A, IEM EX 1000 Open back MA-900 all Sony's but for over ear the Cascade are boss.

I've also owned the Z7 and although I'm only about 7 hours into using the Cascade so far the impression is that of @Hawaiibadboy -- Bass on the Z7 is not as fast and may get a bit warmer even with time.

@ExpatinJapan, great review, I think I am going to swing for the upgrade cable due to your findings. Thanks!

Thanks guys for the quick comparison!
How about comfort? I find the Z7 extremely comfy. Cascade - not as much... or am I wrong?!
I tried the Cascade for 5-7 minutes at CanJam NYC last month, but trying not to be a jerk due to long line of people waiting - I cut my listening short.
Sound wise - Ken has mentioned to me they were not fully burned-in, and that is the reason I am asking people for sound opinions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back