Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Feb 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #346 of 2,727
I am the one who wrote that in the impressions thread (for CanJam NYC).
I am not sure what I was "doing wrong", but putting them on my head (I am not wearing glasses) - I could hear the show floor ambient noise a lot more than other better isolating headphones (such as Mr. Speakers AFC for example).

Wasn't trying to suggest you were inept, sorry if it came across that way. It does make me wonder if a pad wasn't seating correctly or something as your notes do not match any other that I have seen or my experience. When 4 of us have all chimed in that they isolate at least well enough to wear on a bus or plane and your review is in such complete disagreement, one starts looking for what is different.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #348 of 2,727
Wasn't trying to suggest you were inept, sorry if it came across that way. It does make me wonder if a pad wasn't seating correctly or something as your notes do not match any other that I have seen or my experience. When 4 of us have all chimed in that they isolate at least well enough to wear on a bus or plane and your review is in such complete disagreement, one starts looking for what is different.
Not at all - we're all good :)
Reading other people's notes - made me think the same. Maybe something was wrong with the pair I was trying, or maybe I screwed up somehow (although I cannot see how I could have done that...)

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:40 PM Post #349 of 2,727
Well, I'm going to wear them on a 24 hrs flight journey so will be able to validate your claim (or not) soon :-D
Please do! Looking forward to hear from your experience, and looking forward to audition the Cascades again to see if I reach a different conclusion!

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #350 of 2,727
Not at all - we're all good :)
Reading other people's notes - made me think the same. Maybe something was wrong with the pair I was trying, or maybe I screwed up somehow (although I cannot see how I could have done that...)

We all have different ears, we all hear things differently. The most important thing is that you know what you like.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #351 of 2,727
We all have different ears, we all hear things differently. The most important thing is that you know what you like.
I definitely liked the sound of these cans! People that love extra bass, while not being detail freaks - would love those! Not analytical, but rather FUN headphones.
Good job Ken :)

Feb 20, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #352 of 2,727
I definitely liked the sound of these cans! People that love extra bass, while not being detail freaks - would love those! Not analytical, but rather FUN headphones.
Good job Ken :)

I am an O.C.D detail feak listening to a beep in the back of a Micheal Jackson track "Wanna be startin' somethin' " and the ticket agent announcement on Pink Floyd's "On the Run"
and a triangle strike on America's "Tin Man" again and again and again and am very much satisfied.
I am a detail freak.
I ramble in my vids about 5 second passages of tracks much to the dismay of others because that is "O" in O.C.D rolling on out.

20180221_122610_001[1].jpg

20180221_122243_001[1].jpg

On the Run is running exceptionally well on these :)

The O.C.D in me is satisfied
now, ..excuse me while I go wash my hands for the 10th time today. It's influenza season and I teach kids which makes it seem legit right now :wink:

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:11 AM Post #355 of 2,727
re: Post #354

Love the pic!
I have a mojo that I love, and I've been looking for something like a DAP, but am starting to think getting the mojo/poly combo might be an interesting way to play music.

How do you like that mojo/poly combo as a 'DAP'?

I'm very intrigued by the Cascades - I live in Portland and hope to be able to try them out. Appreciate the feedback on the cans.

Feb 21, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #356 of 2,727
re: Post #354

Love the pic!
I have a mojo that I love, and I've been looking for something like a DAP, but am starting to think getting the mojo/poly combo might be an interesting way to play music.

How do you like that mojo/poly combo as a 'DAP'?

I'm very intrigued by the Cascades - I live in Portland and hope to be able to try them out. Appreciate the feedback on the cans.
Personally I find it works great, I've had no issues controlling the device from my phone.....but I know a few people have had issues and it's not always the quickest or most convent device to use, the sound qualities about as good as it gets from a portable device though.

Feb 21, 2018 at 6:50 AM Post #358 of 2,727
Ah, the Aeon Flow, now there's an interesting comparison. I had the Aeon and ended up selling it pretty quickly. This is my subjective opinion, of course, but I think the Aeon is at the other end of the spectrum in that its bass response is weak. Again, my opinion, but I find the Cascade to have a much richer soundstage than the Aeon. In terms of overall excitement, the Cascade wins hands down for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back