Cartoon Discussion Thread
Sep 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM Post #62 of 76
So I had to resurrect this thread for this. I just found an old looney tunes collection I forgot I had and I'm watching it right now. I'm so excited!
I have it in an upscaling DVD player that plays it at 1080p going into a tv that upscales it to 4K. Maybe a bit overkill but it definitely looks good.

Sep 2, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #63 of 76
So I had to resurrect this thread for this. I just found an old looney tunes collection I forgot I had and I'm watching it right now. I'm so excited!
I have it in an upscaling DVD player that plays it at 1080p going into a tv that upscales it to 4K. Maybe a bit overkill but it definitely looks good.

Sweet. You'd probably like this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Looney_Tunes_Show

The concept of the show revolves around roommates Bugs and Daffy living in Los Angeles with "colorful neighbors" and other characters including Lola Bunny, Tina Russo, Porky Pig, Foghorn Leghorn, Elmer Fudd, Sylvester, Tweety, Granny, Gossamer, Yosemite Sam, Speedy Gonzales, Marvin the Martian, Pete Puma, and more. The show's plots contain less visual gags, and are more adult-oriented and dialogue-driven than has been seen in past Looney Tunes shows such as love triangles, employment, and rooming.

Sep 2, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #64 of 76
Sweet. You'd probably like this:

I've seen the looney tunes show, but it pales in comparison to the originals. I remember as a child I watched the original looney tunes with my mom. Even today the comedy holds up. Episodes like rabbit of Seville and kit for cat are still funny in today's day and age. I think that is where my weird sense of humor originally came from, as today's humor doesn't seem nearly as funny.

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #67 of 76
It amazes me how well some cartoons hold up. Take for example hair raising hare (1946. A looney tunes cartoon) probably one of the funniest cartoons I've seen in a long time. Another example, bugs bunny and the three bears, is still funny to this day. Funnier than many cartoons I've seen.

Sep 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM Post #68 of 76
It amazes me how well some cartoons hold up. Take for example hair raising hare (1946. A looney tunes cartoon) probably one of the funniest cartoons I've seen in a long time. Another example, bugs bunny and the three bears, is still funny to this day. Funnier than many cartoons I've seen.

It would be interesting to watch through all 166 episodes of The Flintstones! I only saw random ones as a child.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #69 of 76
Go modern, go Jetsons...... 
wink_face.gif

This is one of the best cartoons EVER...!    
L3000.gif

Sep 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #72 of 76
Come on my baby, come on my honey.. Come on my rag town gal. Give me a kiss by wire.. Baby my hearts on fire!

Perhaps the most used song on looney tunes overall. I remember so many different episodes where that song was used for many different reasons. Looney tunes was always very musical.

Sep 20, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #74 of 76
You know you've seen perhaps too much Powerpuff Girls when you can predict the plot at the very beginning. Supervillain duo gets released from prison and comes out with a scarf for the fashion scene. Yeah, those are totally mind control devices. Called it. haha. Professor Utonium saving the day instead of the Powerpuff Girls was a nice change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back