Cars we love.
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #77 of 133
Not a car, but I rode with a guy who had one of these the other day, it was just breathtaking.
1098_profile.jpg

again not a car, but i bet its just as fun to drive as a supercar
bowler.jpg

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:24 AM Post #78 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by plus_c /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool, thanks for the commentary! My wallet is cowering in the corner in dread/anticipation...the only thing keeping me from running to the Volvo dealer and putting down earnest money right now is knowing that my current car still has a few good years left in it, and it's been quite good to me while I've had it. I'm inclined to keep the Prelude as a second car, but then I'd need a place with a two-car garage...

Now my wallet is really cowering in fear
icon10.gif

Over at Top Gear's interactive online Cool Wall, even Clarkson had to deem the C30 as cool. He's not a huge fan of Volvos, but even he had to say this hits all the marks.
wink.gif

You want the metallic paint job too.
wink.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:40 AM Post #80 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was watching THIS 'clean '73 on ebay
blink.gif

Are you buying this? Very nice.

Jun 4, 2007 at 10:14 AM Post #81 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bootleg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a great parallel between motorcycles and headphones when compared to sports cars and traditional speaker systems, respectively.
Motorcycles and Headphones are far cheaper than their alternatives, but get you WAY up the food chain in terms of overall performance in a big hurry.

Another parallel is that both bikes and headphones have a few drawbacks that many people won't accept, but those who do end up having the time of their lives
biggrin.gif

Although I should mention that the main reason for getting my bike wasn't performance but practicality. Driving a car in Italy is becoming a nightmare; you are stuck in a line for longer than you're actually driving. It has gotten on my nerves so much I'm selling my car (turbodiesel Mazda 3 hatchback) soon.

But then I also wanted a serious bike, no 250cc nonsense
biggrin.gif
the engine in my Kawasaki ER-6F (known to USAnians as the Ninja 650R) is more than 50% more powerful than the one in my first car
tongue.gif
makes for some interesting experiences when opening up in a straight line
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozstrike /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mmm, 850. I love them. My dad used to have one, but he sold it a while back. I reckon it was nicer than the DB7 he replaced it with.

Too bad there are so few around here... the thought of maintaining and feeding a 5 litre gas engine gives the shivers to most italians, considering the ridiculous prices for everything automotive around here compared to the USA...

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:01 AM Post #82 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cars I love:

audi-rs4-side.jpg

Audi RS4

Ooh yummy, can I have that as my daily please? Damn I want one. Would like the wagon version though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wixy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My dream, a black ford falcon xb coupe, similar to that in the mad max movies. One day, one day...

Lovely! Shame you don't see these on the roads often these days.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^

Geoff Rymer, I had a XW GT back in the late '80s. It had 64,000 original miles when I bought it for $7,000. I had to sell it a couple of years later because I lost my job etc etc. I got just under $10,000 from memory. Only a few short years later they were selling for about $30,000
frown.gif

It was a very nice car. Fast as all get out. Handled like a boat, but who cared.

And the ZH Fairlane demonstrating the "ford on rails" handling.

Ahhh, great bloody cars. Big engines and real steel. I'm not sure what that shiny red middle car is though.

LOL

Well you've still owned one of my dream cars, so well done to you. Lucky so and so!

Jun 4, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #83 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Rymer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ooh yummy, can I have that as my daily please? Damn I want one. Would like the wagon version though.

rs4avant06_031280.jpg

Jun 4, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #84 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WHAT, NO JEEP LOVE?
I will always have my 1995 cherokee (if the engine dies that just gives me an excuse to cram a hemi in it)
icon10.gif

[size=xx-large]FUEL ECONOMY IS FOR CHUMPS![/size]

I love the JEEP. I drive my dream car already...always wanted one, finally got it in Sept 06

2006 Impact Orange TJ Sport

random244ko3.jpg

Jun 4, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #87 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love the JEEP. I drive my dream car already...always wanted one, finally got it in Sept 06

2006 Impact Orange TJ Sport

random244ko3.jpg

Glad to see I am not the only one. Now you need a 6" lift and a set of 33" tires on 15" black steel wheels. new bumpers with a winch mount and stinger bars. A safari rack. Full skid plates underneath. Oh, And a snorkel...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:45 PM Post #88 of 133
205-1.jpg

Ford F3L (this car had a 3.0L V8 that put out 420 naturally aspirated horsepower! That's well over 100hp per liter... NA... In 1968...
blink.gif
)

3214-7.jpg

Lola T70 (seriously one of the most beautiful cars ever made)

418-7.jpg

Porsche 917K (the later 917/30 Can-Am model put out 1500hp, in a 1700lb car... you do the math)

Man, they really don't make them like they used to. Instead, we have butt-ugly tin cans that all look like electric shavers to me. But on the bright side, pretty much any decent $30k car is putting out 300hp or close to it, which puts the great road cars of yore to shame.

Hey, at least we still have things like this:

2005_Ultima_GTR6401.jpg

Ultima GTR (a kit job that will completely embarass the Veyron on the drag strip or at the circuit)

... which can be had on a fairly reasonable budget.

Me, I'm a simple down-to-earth type. Just give me a Westfield or a Caterham, and an old Toyota to drive to work, and I'm happy. The good news is, when I finally have a real income I will get one of these, since they're pretty cheap, at least in DIY format. Or maybe a Hyabusa. Right now I drive a 2001 Acura CL-S. Decent coupe, but front wheel drive kills it.

Ever wonder what a massively blown 2JZ in a Caterham body will do?
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 9:55 PM Post #89 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallingwater /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But then I also wanted a serious bike, no 250cc nonsense
biggrin.gif
the engine in my Kawasaki ER-6F (known to USAnians as the Ninja 650R) is more than 50% more powerful than the one in my first car
tongue.gif
makes for some interesting experiences when opening up in a straight line
biggrin.gif

your first car had less than 60some horsepower??
blink.gif

Jun 4, 2007 at 11:25 PM Post #90 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you buying this? Very nice.

It's very clean, but I'm just 'window shoppin' right now
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back