Carrying case for Hammond Meta42?
Nov 18, 2002 at 6:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nanahachi

Head-Fi FAQ(s) Volunteer
maybe this belongs in Cables/Accessories...
if so, i'm sorry, mods. of course, feel free to move it

Tomorrow I'm going to hit up a camera store and Best buy, but I was wondering what people were using as carrying cases to put their Hammond case amps in.

Maybe I'll be the only one to be doing this, but I may tote my Meta from/to home and work on occasion, and was just curious.

My Hammond 1455 is 3"W x 5"D x <2"H. ill have to lug my AC/DC adapter as well (2"W x 3.5"D x 2"H).
will probably use a Pana570 as my portable PCDP (since it has shock protection, but will use a different CDP while stationary at work). But, the Pana570 won't necessarily go in the same case as the Amp and AC Adapter

If i can borrow a digicam, ill snap a few pics and post them.

Any suggestions you guys have would be great.
thanks everybody

Nov 18, 2002 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 7
i may have to get some of those for my phones indeed.

that may work for the amp and adapter, and who better to say than the builder
biggrin.gif

i was originally thinking of soft cases, since they would probably fit in my backpack easier. i should have mentioned that i will be carrying the PCDP, amp, adapter, work papers, lunch...in a backpack. THIS backpack..or these colors, but one step down in the foodchain.

thanks JMT!

Nov 18, 2002 at 7:28 AM Post #4 of 7
Just a thought, but I like to wrap things like cameras, binoculars, calculators, and PCDPs in a never-before-used, purpose-bought chamois. Sort of an all-purpose, universal soft case.

Even rather large ones are relatively inexpensive from auto-parts retailers and hardware stores.

TravelLite

Nov 19, 2002 at 6:07 PM Post #5 of 7
good idea travelite!

along that same idea, i have been using these soft yellow cloths for auto dusting, etc, to wrap my PCDP and amp in...soft and padding for my gear.

but im still looking for a case (something like a camera case maybe) to put my stuff in, and then put that in my backpack.

today i just took my SLR out of its case and put the amp, amp ac adapter, and PCDP ad adapter in instead. however, my PCDP couldnt fit...so this is just a temp solution if i have to keep transporting my gear everyday.

i may just get a pelican and leave it at work....maybe

Nov 21, 2002 at 7:25 PM Post #6 of 7
anyone have or use any padded bags, either camera or messenger?

i remember someone mentioning timbuk2 bags, but i dont think its going to work out.

any other suggestions? surely other ppl tote their equipment around?

thanks again everybody

Users who are viewing this thread

Back