Carolina CanFest 8 (Charlotte/Concord NC area) Cancelled/postponed per City Parks & Recs. Dept.
Mar 4, 2020 at 9:06 PM Post #16 of 53
I should be fine for May 16th. I'll have my HD 6XX, Bottlehead Crack w/ various tubes, Modi 3 as well as AQ NightOwls and a portable NX4 DSD.

Has everyone from last year's thread/impressions been made aware of this? Danny just brought it to my attention, I wasn't sure if anything was being planned for this year. Glad something is in the makings!

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #17 of 53
Looking forward to this! I'll be there whatever day it ends up being,and I can bring the following:

-modded HD600
-verum 1
-fostex thx-00 purple hearts
-rme adi-2 pro
-little labs monotor

I would LOVE to hear a pair of heddphones and RAAL SR1A's if anyone in the area has em :)

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #20 of 53
What are the hours and date for this meet. I only have balanced connections on my headphones. Is anyone bringing an amp with balanced 4 pin XLR out?

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #21 of 53
I have been told :

The next headphone meet will be March 21st at the home of Jason (Afghan Vet).

1945 Knoll Drive
Randleman, NC

This is near High Point. There should be somewhere between 10-20 attendees.

Is this true?

Mar 13, 2020 at 1:20 PM Post #25 of 53
I should be fine for May 16th. I'll have my HD 6XX, Bottlehead Crack w/ various tubes, Modi 3 as well as AQ NightOwls and a portable NX4 DSD. I'll see if my friend Stu can make it. He runs Home Studio Basics channel on YouTube and reviews a lot of mid-fi gear. I'm sure he'd be thrilled to join.

Has everyone from last year's thread/impressions been made aware of this? Danny just brought it to my attention, I wasn't sure if anything was being planned for this year. Glad something is in the makings!

I'm trying to find the notebook that I had people write their contact details down on but there is still the impressions thread I'll make a post to. Completely forgot about that thread until I was making this reply. Thank you.

What are the hours and date for this meet. I only have balanced connections on my headphones. Is anyone bringing an amp with balanced 4 pin XLR out?

Pending approval of my application, 10-1400 (2pm). If it needs to go longer I can still request longer time but I'd need a consensus from the group for longer than the initial 4 hours sooner rather than later.

I hope this doesn't end up having to be cancelled due to outbreak concerns!

Nope. I believe we understand how to wash our hands.

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #26 of 53
The March 21 , 2020 meet in Randleman has been canceled due to corona virus concerns.

Mar 13, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #27 of 53
What about this May 16 meet? Hours are 10am to 2 pm, but what is the address? I will be coming from Raleigh. bringing ZMF Verite with Norne 8 wire cable, Senn HD 600 with Norne Draug 3 and HD 800 with specially tuned Norne Draug 3. Amp will be Cavalli Liquid Carbon with Schiit ModiMulti Byte and Ibasso DX 220 as source.

Mar 14, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #28 of 53
What about this May 16 meet? Hours are 10am to 2 pm, but what is the address? I will be coming from Raleigh. bringing ZMF Verite with Norne 8 wire cable, Senn HD 600 with Norne Draug 3 and HD 800 with specially tuned Norne Draug 3. Amp will be Cavalli Liquid Carbon with Schiit ModiMulti Byte and Ibasso DX 220 as source.

Pending I successfully acquire the room,

Concord Fire Department, Fire Station 9
1020 Ivey Cline Road

If you're taking I-85, it's just off exit 52. If you're coming South bound, you'll make a right and utilize the first turn around (reverse if you're coming North bound). Poplar Tent utilizes the diverging diamond road pattern so it may throw you off at first but just follow traffic.

85.jpg

Mar 16, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #29 of 53
@Army-Firedawg, I hate to do this but I'm probably going to have to bail out. I just got a new job and my new employer is planning on sending me to a training class in Texas around that time. Of course, with all the stuff surrounding COVID-19, who knows if that will happen so if things change, I'll post back here.

Mar 16, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #30 of 53
The meet has been confirmed HOWEVER it was moved to 30MAY due to 17MAY being taken during the requested times. Time is still 10-14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back