Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #16 of 424
Most anytime is good for me. Being disabled has a few advantages, not working is the big one, just never been able to get over the guilt part, as I was a very productive person, for many years. Hey, can we get the gentleman that has the Stax-009 phones to come? I need to spend some demo time with them, along with Jason's Focal Utopia phones. I'll never afford them on Disability income, but it's still fun to experience them.
Let me know if there is any way I can help out with organizing things.

I don't know why I haven't been active on here. Another Honda VFR forum I have 4,300 posts, 7400 on one of the pipe smoking forums, I just need to put this place on my main page, so when I first open up my home page, I don't forget it.

Marty

HAHA I'm just teasing you but any sharing you can do to social media etc... to get the word about this meet out would be of tremendous help.

Hello Firedawg, Thanks for putting this meet together. I'd like to attend. Any date in November or March
works for me. Should another date be selected I can be flexible. I missed the last meet, I don't want to miss
this one.

Source

Yamaha CD-S2000 w/Balanced o/p
FiiO X3v3 8gb w/128gb SD
Amps
Woo Audio 22
Yamaha A-S300 - dedicated K1000 amp
FiiO E11 portable
Headphones
AKG K1000 #05142 – balanced
Bose QC-25
Denon D7000 - balanced
Grado RS-1 #5086 – balanced

HiFi Man HE-400 – balanced
Phillips Downtown Citiscape
Sennheiser PX-100 II
Etymotic ER4P w/custom fit tips
FiiO EX-1 & F5

FATCAT!!!!! Hello you beautiful beast you!!!! Yeah I missed you at the last meet. I'm doing the best I can just trying to get as best a turnout as possible and so far it's looking quite promising

I'll add you to the list as soon as I'm back in town around Friday of next week (on my vacation/honeymoon/1 year anniversary trip)

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #17 of 424
Alright, finally caught up getting people and their gear added (mainly just computer issues). So far OCT has been knocked out because I don't see it being able to get enough people together within such a short time frame. Towards the end of this month or early into next month I'll recheck the available dates to make sure nothing has changed.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #19 of 424
Hey guys. I live in Raleigh, but would be willing to make the drive. Hit me up beforehand if you're in the area! Most of those dates work for me. You can list me for my gear too:

Cans)
-Senn HD 650, VModa Crossfade M80, Grado SR225e

Amps)
-Schiit Lyr 1, Creek OBH-11

Dac)
-Bifrost Gen 2 USB (Soon to be multibit)

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #22 of 424
That's awesome! Definitely glad to have you and talk with ya again. I've really been interested in hearing their new X7s model and a few viewers of mine have asked my impressions of the Philips SHP9500, may finally be able to give them a little something.

Oct 23, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #23 of 424
Well, it looks like Army-Firedawg doesn't have enough grief in his life. So what does he do? He organizes a headphone meet. Geeeezzzzz, why punish yourself like this. Just poke your eye out with a pencil and get over the pain quickly.
Oh well, if you are going to punish yourself like this I guess I might as well show up and see you roll around on the floor in pain.

On the other hand, I do commend you for taking the bull by the horns and moving this forward. Sincerely, I, and I know others, thank you. Please count on me showing up with my old trusty Moth 2A3 and my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier.
I will likely bring my Audese XC headphones, which I consider my best, and perhaps my Senn 650s, Grado HP1, and Grado SR225. The source will be my CARY 306SACD player.

As far as dates go, as of the time of this writing, all are fine.

I look forward to seeing everyone again along with some new faces.....hopefully prettier than the ones I have seen at past meets with a few exceptions...I'm talking about the beautiful ladies who had the courage to attend past meets.

Finally, please be advised that if you use the term "CanFest" for this event you will have to pay a $75,000 fee....to me of course. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can be of any help other than eating a lot of pizza at the Meet.

Oct 24, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #24 of 424
Well, it looks like Army-Firedawg doesn't have enough grief in his life. So what does he do? He organizes a headphone meet. Geeeezzzzz, why punish yourself like this. Just poke your eye out with a pencil and get over the pain quickly.
Oh well, if you are going to punish yourself like this I guess I might as well show up and see you roll around on the floor in pain.

On the other hand, I do commend you for taking the bull by the horns and moving this forward. Sincerely, I, and I know others, thank you. Please count on me showing up with my old trusty Moth 2A3 and my new Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone amplifier.
I will likely bring my Audese XC headphones, which I consider my best, and perhaps my Senn 650s, Grado HP1, and Grado SR225. The source will be my CARY 306SACD player.

I look forward to seeing everyone again along with some new faces.....hopefully prettier than the ones I have seen at past meets with a few exceptions...I'm talking about the beautiful ladies who had the courage to attend past meets.

Finally, please be advised that if you use the term "CanFest" for this event you will have to pay a $75,000 fee....to me of course. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can be of any help other than eating a lot of pizza at the Meet.

Awesome! It's great to have you this time around, guys we might have to save up for that $75,000 fee lol I've never heard a Moth 2A3 amp in person but from what I've read it hearing it should be a real eye opener for me!

Oct 26, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #25 of 424
Given that you are a bunch of nice guys and gals I have decided to give you a $55 discount for the use of CanFest.

I do have a question: what is the square footage of the room?

Thanks,
Danny

Oct 27, 2017 at 3:10 PM Post #26 of 424

DANNYYYYYYY I missed you you beautiful person!!! Good sir your moth is still by far the best sounding amp I've ever heard and another chance to experience the XC's mmmmmmmmmmmmm (pardon me while I grab a tissue XD). I'm about as excited to talk with you and FatCat again as I am hearing all this great gear haha. We may have to work on a payment plan haha to you take hugs as payment?

Edit: And I do not. I didn't see it on the website (which is attached) but it's a fairly decent size room with a 100 person capacity.

Awesome! It's great to have you this time around, guys we might have to save up for that $75,000 fee lol I've never heard a Moth 2A3 amp in person but from what I've read it hearing it should be a real eye opener for me!

My friend, it's the unicorn of my audio world. I've not heard ANYTHING that sounds remotely as musical and enveloping as it. And pair it with the Audeze LCD-XC (which he also so happens to have) OMGSH it's pure audio bliss.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017 at 3:34 PM Post #27 of 424
OK fellers, we've what looks to be a great turn out. So I've called and I've good news and kinda sorta bad. They can't officially book anything until 19DEC so the Q1 dates are up in the air. So as of right now 17DEC is the only date left available in DEC. I didn't ask for NOV because I feel that'll be pretty quick notice, especially to the 3 vendors we've interested. HOWEVER, if you all can discuss what of the available dates work in NOV I'll gladly call back and get it worked out. Otherwise, will 17DEC work?

EDIT: Or do we just wanna wait until early next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back