Carolina CanFest 6. 17FEB2018. 10-1500. Concord, NC. CFD Station 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #391 of 424
Thank you to those bringing a table. Below is the layout I just finished getting setup after I got off shift. As you can see the wallspace is pretty much all taken but I've extension cords to make a square in the middle. OORRR I'd ideally like to make that area for food. SO PLEASE, IF IT'S NOT AN INCONVENIENCE TO DO SO please continue to bring a table if you can. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

I kindly ask that for those of you who can, please share table space. I know myself, @Mshenay and perhaps another will need close to 2 tables for the gear we're bringing

@justin w. If you would be so kind, please look at the picture and let me know which table(s) you would like me to reserve for you. I've 15 tables currently shown (I've now 2 more [not shown] thanks to a fellow firefighter on my shift), but the ones in the back left corner (divided by the door) I'll take because they're rather worn looking and I'd like all of your gear to be on the nice tables.
20180216_081049_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #392 of 424
That was awesome Danny!

Thanks for the photo AF - I was going to bring a table, but it doesn’t appear there would be space for it - we will likely need to use what is there and get cozy. Looks good to me.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #394 of 424
Will the tables be pulled out about 3-4 feet from the wall so the owners of equipment can be behind the tables and also have one or two chairs behind each table?

Yep that would be pretty stellar if possible is there any room for additional tables although I suppose I could dumb it out in the middle and then that way there's some space in between the two

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #395 of 424
Will the tables be pulled out about 3-4 feet from the wall so the owners of equipment can be behind the tables and also have one or two chairs behind each table?

We can, and I gave this thought as well. My concern is that doing so will likely reduce the active table count by 2 (right corners). We can do something along the middleish area with the use of an extension cord(s). If we do that I'll need to grab some tape so reduce the tripping hazard (unless someone has some wide duct tape).

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #396 of 424
We can put tables in the center of the room by running extension cords to the tables and using duck tape to cover them to help for safety reasons. That may add several more tables if needed. Any thoughts?

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:37 AM Post #397 of 424
Oh. I missed a post. The earliest that "I'm allowed" to show up is 9am. Per the rules we are allotted a 1 hour setup time before the event and a 1 hour clean up time after the event.

Feb 16, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #399 of 424
Fair enough. The Saturday morning (or today) I'll see what I can do about moving things around. This being the case we will definitely have room for others to bring tables.

Feb 16, 2018 at 11:22 AM Post #401 of 424
Me, I'm smart as a horse, hung like Einstein and have a face for Radio. Wife and daughter have caused most of my hair to depart for places unknown.

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #402 of 424
There's still some room for a few more tables and I'm sure we can increase the efficiency of the layout once we have an accurate table count.

The 2 collapsible tables in the middle are to he used for FOOD ONLY. They aren't that structurally sound so I want to prevent any issues.

20180216_134407_HDR.jpg

Feb 16, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #403 of 424
There's still some room for a few more tables and I'm sure we can increase the efficiency of the layout once we have an accurate table count.

The 2 collapsible tables in the middle are to he used for FOOD ONLY. They aren't that structurally sound so I want to prevent any issues.

Looks great, I'm so ready. Well, kinda... I still need to pack up all of my stuff when I get home from school today.

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #404 of 424
Not sure where the RSVP line begins, but 16Hz said I'm not on it. So, if this is what puts me on it, I'll see you tomorrow! It was a great meet last year. I might bring a lowly FiiO X5 II with some Music on it.....lol...

Feb 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #405 of 424
The more the merrier - look forward to meeting everyone tomorrow too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back