Carolina CanFEST 5 Meet Impressions, Pictures, etc
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #32 of 38
I can only say that, to me, the feel of this CanFEST was that of true brotherhood/sisterhood. We all seem to have one purpose and that was to share our enjoyment and passion of music and equipment with each other. We often joked with each other when someone didn't agree with our opinion of what sounded "best". Well, at least I did. And those that I "attacked" with humor took it well. VC1187 will attest to that. He took my "punishment" well and we both smiled as it was being delivered. I still prefer the LCD-XC over the H1K as did everyone else save for those VC1187 paid off to say otherwise just to irritate me. However, the H1K is a wonderful headphone and I could probably live with either pair for an endgame headphone; I would just live a little better with the XC. :)

We officially had 25 people on the signup sheet but I can't help but feel we had more than that, perhaps around 30 or so. Regardless, a great turnout with many people there for the first time which is a great indicator that our hobby is alive and well. 

The total cost of the event was $580 which included the room rental and food and beverages. Fortunately, the money left over from our last event and the money raised at this event from the raffle and donations came close to covering the cost: I only had to pay $20 out of pocket which can actually be considered my donation. We are getting to the point where our next event will likely require a larger venue, especially if we more aggressively work towards bringing in more venders including dealers and manufacturers. We also need more people to volunteer to help for the next one so if any of you would like to make the next CanFEST happen let me know and I, or someone, will be in touch with you later. 

I have now been to 5 CanFESTs and each one had their own unique feel with two recurrent themes: fun and bringing new people into the hobby. With that we are quite successful. I only hope that the "headphone torch" is passed on to the younger generation. I know CanFEST is doing its part to help make this happen which can only be accomplished by the wonderful people who take the time and make the effort to attend. And for that, I am most appreciative. 

Mar 25, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #35 of 38
I can only say that, to me, the feel of this CanFEST was that of true brotherhood/sisterhood. We all seem to have one purpose and that was to share our enjoyment and passion of music and equipment with each other. We often joked with each other when someone didn't agree with our opinion of what sounded "best". Well, at least I did. And those that I "attacked" with humor took it well. VC1187 will attest to that. He took my "punishment" well and we both smiled as it was being delivered. I still prefer the LCD-XC over the H1K as did everyone else save for those VC1187 paid off to say otherwise just to irritate me. However, the H1K is a wonderful headphone and I could probably live with either pair for an endgame headphone; I would just live a little better with the XC. :)

We officially had 25 people on the signup sheet but I can't help but feel we had more than that, perhaps around 30 or so. Regardless, a great turnout with many people there for the first time which is a great indicator that our hobby is alive and well. 

The total cost of the event was $580 which included the room rental and food and beverages. Fortunately, the money left over from our last event and the money raised at this event from the raffle and donations came close to covering the cost: I only had to pay $20 out of pocket which can actually be considered my donation. We are getting to the point where our next event will likely require a larger venue, especially if we more aggressively work towards bringing in more venders including dealers and manufacturers. We also need more people to volunteer to help for the next one so if any of you would like to make the next CanFEST happen let me know and I, or someone, will be in touch with you later. 

I have now been to 5 CanFESTs and each one had their own unique feel with two recurrent themes: fun and bringing new people into the hobby. With that we are quite successful. I only hope that the "headphone torch" is passed on to the younger generation. I know CanFEST is doing its part to help make this happen which can only be accomplished by the wonderful people who take the time and make the effort to attend. And for that, I am most appreciative. 

Completely on point... Really sums up this experience. Thanks DannyB

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:21 PM Post #36 of 38
Rat Crap, I just found out that I missed this, and only live 15 miles from it. Last year was so enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back