Care and Preservation of Cables
Nov 24, 2010 at 10:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Acade-lo

New Head-Fier
Hello guys, i want to spend a video and also ask about the care of  our dear cables headphones.

Just do not know if it goes for headphones. As my headphone has a long cable (3mts) and use the my pc, i wraps the cables without damaging, but do not know how the correct way.

I have a Sennheiser HD 212 Pro, his hold is twofold, below a picture of what wold be the correct way to traps...

Also wanted to know how to single cable wraps headphones.  The practical way, because i know the two types wraps.
tongue.gif

(Sorry for my english, i'm from brazil)
wink_face.gif

And a funny vídeo below, many have alyready seen, (hint: never unplug your headphone).

I wait anshers and comments, thank'ss
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #4 of 6
Staff will, i think it is in everyone's interest... who has pictures or explanations of how best to care for the cord of your phone, post here!

I believe it is important to us ownders and lovers headphones.

Even more!
smile.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #5 of 6
Im a fan of coiled wires, the kind that looks like an old analog telephone headset wire. They are annoying and bulky but the durability of a pre-coiled factory wire is much better. 

The main thing I was always told was to coil it the same way it was when brand new. In other words, try not to put new bends or creases in the wire because it will start to fray. Also, cable extensions can help preserve cable life.  

Also, dont fall for expensive cable unless you have an ultra high end system where no corners are cut. I buy my cables from radioshack, and they work just fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back