Cardinal - one of the best of the 90s?
Mar 6, 2008 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Davey

Headphoneus Supremus
Definitely is for me. Kind of an epiphany in recent times with this record. Had the original for a long time, and loved what Richard Davies did after this, especially Telegraph from 1998, but for some reason had let this one-off from 1994 by Richard Davies and Eric Matthews slip into the back alleys of my music collection. But recently picked up the 2005 remaster with all the bonus tracks - demos and covers and stuff - and fell pretty hard and fast. Wow, this was magic, and Richard even acknowledges as much in the liner notes. But it is a remaster, so most of you know that means it has to be squashed, and it is. But I've been listening a LOT to the original and it sounds great, so that's the one for me, even though after only 10 songs and 35 minutes, you have to hit play again. Not sure why I forgot how good this is. Almost like a collaboration between Brian Wilson (with VDP) and David Bowie. Very cool, in a lost on a desert isle kind of way. Comparison of the great closer "Silver Machines" below, new vs old ...

cardinal.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back