Cardas RCA-Mini Now Available!
Apr 17, 2004 at 4:10 AM Post #3 of 12
I suspect that the cable is the same as regular QuadLink, therefore 16.5 AWG with an overall diameter of 3/8" and the usual buzzwords (e.g. Golden Ratio, Constant Q, etc.). RCA plugs are probably GRMO rhodium/gold-plate. I wonder which mini plug they'll use -- one that they designed or an off-the-shelf model (e.g. Canare, Switchcraft, etc.)?

$129 US for a 0.5 metre cable. Kind of steep, but in line with the price of regular QuadLink interconnects, I suppose.

So, who's going to order one to see if my guesses about its construction are correct?
smily_headphones1.gif

D.

Apr 18, 2004 at 7:17 PM Post #4 of 12
I would love to have that except for the fact that it cost $129.00. There arent many high end rca>mini's around these days; the only other real option would be the Zu Pivot.

Apr 19, 2004 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 12
I don't think there is much of a market for high end cables that are used on portable devices. I mean what's the point? Monster has a nice mini-RCA cable for $20 that works great. Everyone thinks Monster is overpriced crap, but does the Cardas sound 6X better? I think not.

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #6 of 12
"This is a custom wire made for Music Direct and we don't have much
information on it. The 1/8" plug is a Switchcraft part, the rca's are
Cardas GRCM. The wire is from our Quadlink line. I'm sure different
lengths are available but you should talk with Music Direct to make sure
you get what you want."

I am going to order one, and will posts pictures and a review when I get a chance!
icon10.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 4:57 PM Post #7 of 12
People who look for a mini->rca IC most likely will use it for a sound card or portable player source. That would mean that the cardas mini->rca cable for this kind of system would be just as expensive as the source itself.
confused.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 5:48 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tortie
People who look for a mini->rca IC most likely will use it for a sound card or portable player source. That would mean that the cardas mini->rca cable for this kind of system would be just as expensive as the source itself.
confused.gif

Well, there are some expensive sound cards out there. Then again, we also have people who spends $500 on IC/PC with a $400-500 cdp.

Apr 20, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkclouds
Well, there are some expensive sound cards out there. Then again, we also have people who spends $500 on IC/PC with a $400-500 cdp.

Yup, your right, there are some $400+ sound cards out there. I guess that would be the exception to the rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back