Cardas on the loose connector problem
Nov 11, 2002 at 6:36 AM Post #17 of 27
Thanks Todd R.

so you shaved back the stepped part you can push the prongs in further. i noticed that on the side of your modded cardas plug that you have a circular indentation at about the same spot that the stock cable has the groove. am i seeing that correctly or is it just the photograph? i guess that the plug has to be pushed in far enough for the stepped part to interface with the raised bump on the headphone side.

damn, i wish i would have kept my cardas now!
mad.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 12:24 PM Post #18 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by tone
Thanks Todd R.

so you shaved back the stepped part you can push the prongs in further. i noticed that on the side of your modded cardas plug that you have a circular indentation at about the same spot that the stock cable has the groove. am i seeing that correctly or is it just the photograph? i guess that the plug has to be pushed in far enough for the stepped part to interface with the raised bump on the headphone side.

damn, i wish i would have kept my cardas now!
mad.gif

Tone,
ONLY trim the step back further if it's too short compared to the stock plug!
The circular indent is just a thing, nothing deliberate.
You can always get another Cable.

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:02 PM Post #19 of 27
I thought when you pay a small fortune for a cable, you are supposed to use it without *incredible* problems like that
mad.gif

"Cardas" was synonyme with "professional" to me... until I read this thread. Can't believe my eyes.

Another legend has disappeared.

That's life.
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2002 at 7:39 PM Post #20 of 27
Oh well...

Having one of the newest Cardas cables on the block, I must confess having no problems at all... the metal grooves click into place with the springs perfectly...

Is this problem just on older cables... from the original run? or am I just lucky, having a newer one?

Nov 11, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:

Originally posted by Duncan
Oh well...

Having one of the newest Cardas cables on the block, I must confess having no problems at all... the metal grooves click into place with the springs perfectly...

Is this problem just on older cables... from the original run? or am I just lucky, having a newer one?

Same here, never a problem. Got my 600s last February or March and my Cardas last month. Maybe there's some merit to the idea that the newer stuff doesn't exhibit the problem.

Nov 12, 2002 at 7:03 AM Post #24 of 27
i got my new hd600 headphones a few months ago from jan meier. i guess i'm just unlucky and got a hd600 that wasn't compatible with the cardas. there are alot of people out there that have the same loose carda plug problem so i'm hardly alone in having this problem. i wouldn't be surprised if the cardas plastic plug size and shape varied from one batch to the next since it seems that some people's cardas cable's are fine and other's are not. the other variable would be the hd600 headphone itself (diff plug socket shapes etc) but the stock cable fits fine and does not come loose.

when cardas gets the plastic plug shape right (as well they should since its a $150 cable) i'll buy again. i completely agree with canned on this one.

Nov 13, 2002 at 6:51 AM Post #25 of 27
Nice pictures, but I do think that Mr canned is absolutelly right!!! These cables costs hundreds of dollars, maybe the half (is not the whole) week of salary of the 60% or more of the people of these country, not 2 or 3 bucks, audio is expensive hobby, and is a real shame and unaceptable to be defective, this is a defect, there is no other name for that, if they manage to sold only five of them they can afford the fixing of the molds, I don't think the molds will cost them half a million to be fixed, com'on this is ridiculos, Cardas has money enough to do the thinks the right way, their cables sells for outrageous prices, so they can afford to make a better plug. I'm still passing until they fix that, of course is the best solution to the date, but was half of it, as soon as they fix that I will run for one believe me, but to the date.......I pass!!!

Nov 13, 2002 at 12:20 PM Post #26 of 27
Mr. Sovkiller,
Cardas IS coming out with a better plug shortly.
However, since some people have trouble with these, and some don't, I still think the problem must be with the Sennheisers. (refer to the first post)
My 580's had the loose connection problem, my 600's grip like a vice!

Nov 13, 2002 at 10:11 PM Post #27 of 27
Dear Mr. ToddR
Again? I'm not talking about the loose connection problem, this "was" definitely a Senn problem of course, we know that, and they fix it, it happen with the stock cable also...I'm talking about the differences between the original connector and the Cardas one, obviously there is a difference and the ones with the loose connection problem scream the first, but all of them I think are smaller and get loose inside the connector and at the end will bring problems, sooner or later, at least this is what most of the headfiers reported and according to your pictures and there should be no differences cause the cost of he cable.......someone twisted it, the other use a toothpick, the other put some glue, but: What the heck is that? We are talking about a 140.00 cable, is not two pennies, 2 or 3 days of salary, is a pretty expensive right? and in the 21st century, they should terminate it in a better way according to the price, of course the rest of the aftermarket cables for me, are a whole farse, this splices are completelly irracional on these days, and please at these prices, I don't even think on them I will go for the Cardas but when they fix that small inconvenience, maybe they ( the rest clou, equinox and company) will sound pretty good, but that is not a decent solution, cut and splice in the 21st century, that's a medieval solution, Jesus!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back