Cardas HPI vs rnb Diamond Reference shootout
Mar 11, 2006 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
Let's settle this once and for all. A real wild, wild west showdown. More to come at the National meet. I am buying HPI's for everyone
rolleyes.gif
. For the money they can't be beat.

Mar 11, 2006 at 3:04 PM Post #2 of 8

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
Honestly, what's the point of this? Given their vastly different pricepoints (and target markets), it's an akward comparison, at best.

Mar 11, 2006 at 3:14 PM Post #3 of 8

mrarroyo

Headphoneus Supremus
But that is the beauty of it. If at the end of the day the sound is very far appart then spending 3 to 4 times the cost would seem very sensible. If on the other hand the sound is close some may opt not to spend the $.

Besides mistmached (price wise) comparisons can be very eye opening.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 3:18 PM Post #4 of 8

PFKMan23

Headphoneus Supremus
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
But that is the beauty of it. If at the end of the day the sound is very far appart then spending 3 to 4 times the cost would seem very sensible. If on the other hand the sound is close some may opt not to spend the $.

very_evil_smiley.gif

Heh...I'm already sorry about my wallet so...

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:06 PM Post #7 of 8

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
Quote:

Originally Posted by etys rule
Let's settle this once and for all. A real wild, wild west showdown. More to come at the National meet. I am buying HPI's for everyone
rolleyes.gif
. For the money they can't be beat.

I do not believe a meet environment would be the best place to do critical listening.

Cheers

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 8

etys rule

1000+ Head-Fier
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo

very_evil_smiley.gif

Although I have never auditioned any rnb products, I believe both cables are fantastic in and of themselves. I am simply trying to find out what the differences are between the two, aside from the obvious construction/build quality (rnb's work is top notch). For example, I know Cardas using Cardas wire. Which wire does Myo use?

The reason for this thread is to better understand rnb's work to eventually justify a rather large expenditure (on cables, that is).

Users who are viewing this thread