Cardas A8 IEM
Nov 1, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #348 of 429
It reminds me a bit of the ASG 2.5, but without an outrageous bass.  Not as good as the FLC8s, IMO, but it is certainly not bad.  The bass hits harder than my FLC8s, which hits harder than the Oriveti Primacy, and it hits harder than the DN-2000.  So, I really want to know what IEM's you listen to that have impressive bass!

Nov 3, 2016 at 1:33 AM Post #349 of 429
Wow....I did not like these IEMs.  Bass was not impressive, sounded tinny.  Returning them.  Am I alone?

Guys, the OP said the bass was "tinny" not "tiny". Having enjoyed A8's sound during an extended audition, especially the deep, rich bass, I can't imagine it sounding "tinny" or "tiny".

:confused:

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #350 of 429
Has anyone heard anything back from Cardas regarding the black spots that are appearing on their IEM's? I had the same thing happen to mine... although, I haven't noticed any difference in sound quality, as a result, yet, though!

Nov 8, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #352 of 429
  Has anyone heard anything back from Cardas regarding the black spots that are appearing on their IEM's? I had the same thing happen to mine... although, I haven't noticed any difference in sound quality, as a result, yet, though!

They offered to replace mine under warranty, but with no promise of the replacements not discoloring.  Ultimately, I decided to stick with mine.

I use them every day while commuting and I love them.  Really fantastic for my purposes.

Nov 18, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #354 of 429

They offered to replace mine under warranty, but with no promise of the replacements not discoloring.  Ultimately, I decided to stick with mine.

I use them every day while commuting and I love them.  Really fantastic for my purposes.

Some of the blue coating has begun to peel off of mine.  Wonder if this will happen to many?  They have been in nearly daily use since January.

Dec 25, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #355 of 429
Hi Guys

I've combed this forum for info but can't find what I'm after so I thought I'd ask the 'experts'. I have just received a pair Cardas A8's and I am using the small double flange stock silicone tips. I find the sound has a lot of bass and not much treble or mid range to point that they sound muffled compared to my ATH R70X open back cans. I'm running my A8's through a HRT Microstreamer Dac and a JDS Labs o2 amp. Could the treble and mid range issues be due to tip selection? Would trying spin fit tips or JVC spirals help? I'm very new to tip rolling so any advice on this matter would be great.

Also, could the problem be with my amp? I assume iem's like the A8's need a dedicated iem amp like the ALO RX as they are quite sensitive. I wonder if the amp is overdriving the A8's as they can sound very congested at times and I can barely move the volume from zero.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and a big Merry Christmas from Singapore! 

Dec 25, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #357 of 429
Just ordered a pair of the A8s in time for travel overseas. How well do these isolate jet plane engine noise? Not looking for noise cancellation, just hoping they help reduce some cabin noise.

Dec 28, 2016 at 11:35 PM Post #359 of 429
  Hi Guys

I've combed this forum for info but can't find what I'm after so I thought I'd ask the 'experts'. I have just received a pair Cardas A8's and I am using the small double flange stock silicone tips. I find the sound has a lot of bass and not much treble or mid range to point that they sound muffled compared to my ATH R70X open back cans. I'm running my A8's through a HRT Microstreamer Dac and a JDS Labs o2 amp. Could the treble and mid range issues be due to tip selection? Would trying spin fit tips or JVC spirals help? I'm very new to tip rolling so any advice on this matter would be great.

Also, could the problem be with my amp? I assume iem's like the A8's need a dedicated iem amp like the ALO RX as they are quite sensitive. I wonder if the amp is overdriving the A8's as they can sound very congested at times and I can barely move the volume from zero.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and a big Merry Christmas from Singapore! 

yeah the tips make a big difference.  with the spiral dot the sound sig is U shaped with the mids taking a slight back seat good highs great bass.  The comply foam with get you really strong bass and romantic mids thought the highs get cut of some.  Haven't tried the stock cuz they don't seal in my ear. Orientation makes a difference though too.

wear them like apple earbubs usually gets the most balanced sound.  But over the ear you loose some bass but dampen some microphonics (the cable is microphonic as hell) only thing that sucks about these earphones.  The gear you have should be pretty neutral so its not that.

Dec 29, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #360 of 429
I got my hands on some Spin Fit tips last night and the sound improvement was significant. Instrument separation and imaging is much improved and the bass is a lot tighter. Probably one of the cheapest upgrades you can get for your iem's. The only problem I found is that with a slight head cold that inserting the tips can cause ear equalisation problems.     

Users who are viewing this thread

Back