Captured Society Project: 192khz/24 bit Vinyl Recordings Download Links
Apr 30, 2014 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

CapturedSociety

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone! I'm starting this thread to serve as an area in which select recordings from my collection will be posted with links to my OneDrive. All recordings are being extracted from my vinyls directly into my PC (Asus Crosshair V Formula Z; it has a decoupled soundcard with Japanese capacitors and no floor noise) in 24 bit/192khz quality.

All files are being directly recorded into Audition, and then tastefully remastered (no compression AT ALL) before exported directly to FLAC, preserving the 24 bit/192khz quality.

All recordings are recorded from a Numark TTX1, with Quartz Lock enabled, and professionally calibrated. The record player is decoupled twice through padding from the floor, with an Ortofon OM Pro S cartridge. The cartridge is aligned professionally.

These will serve as the best digital recordings you can find on the internet, all provided by me.

As expected, there will still be crackles left over, as I will not remove them in post if it compromises the integrity of the actual recording.

EDIT: All recordings are recorded with a minimum of -12dB from 0, in terms of average. This preserves dynamics within the recording, giving me ample headroom to prevent all distortion, including needle jumps (which are rectified by record analysis).
Currently being recorded:

Unreleased Mixes '97- Kenny G (Only 500 Records Pressed, Not For Sale, Promotional Only)
-Arista Records, Danny C. and Hosh G.

Les Miserables (Original London Cast, Cameron Mackintosh) 2 Records, 4 Sides
-Recorded and mixed at CTS Studios, Wembley, between October 28th and November 12th, 1985.
--Direct Metal Mastered at Sonopress, West Germany
**Please note that this will take some time to be released; needs a lot of work**

"Here's the Answer"- Skeeter Davis, Produced by Chet Atkins
-Recorded in Nashville, Tennessee
--1961, RCA
**Record requires a lot of work, will take some time**

To be recorded:

"One Of Those Nights"- Eagles
-Asylum Records

"Every Good Boy Deserves Favour"- The Moody Blues
-Recorded at Threshold Records, Pressed at Decca Record Company Limited

"Odessa"- Bee Gees (Red Velvet Edition)
-1969 Atlantic Recording Corporation
"Their Greatest Hits"- Eagles
-Asylum Records
**Will be recorded after some other records**

"The Best of Sam Cooke"- Sam Cooke
-RCA Records, 1965
Will Be Announced

Dec 30, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #3 of 3
What is the main objective behind this project? Were these recordings never released on CD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back