Can't wait for ie400 and ie500
Oct 2, 2018 at 1:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

Xbmyc

New Head-Fier
From within the ie40 pro package:

43055518_543280819457528_8477358486945005568_n.jpg

Oct 6, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #4 of 62
Do we have price points for the 400/500 yet? I'll go look :)

Nothing yet it seems.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 62
Last edited:
Jan 28, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #8 of 62
They are available... out of stock in the US store but in EU it’s there (of course, price in $ = price in €...)

May 8, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #12 of 62
I'm listening right now, first impressions very positive, they are made in Germany and are totally the pro presentation and tuning. Very light and comfortable, after all the crammed hybrids and multi ba's, these are feather light and seemingly empty inside lol.
Very similar idea in mind to HD25 here, solid sound, build, very good cable, shame about connector, wish i could try balanced, i doubt there'll ever be balanced cable for it.
Bass is deep and dynamic, great presence, mids are not too forward and very clear, highs are sparkly and very well extended, holographic sound. Generally very crispy, speaker like sound, balanced, but extented both ends, nothing sticks out, but all is juicy and far from boring, it won't wow, it'll reward in longer listening, but its fun, not too clinical. Definitely reminds of that Pro German sound, but tuned to be involving, from memory, i definitely prefer these to IE800S , clearer and much better balanced, less harshness.
I'm gonna give them a good run with LPGT and see if they get a little more refined. It's early to judge with a DD like this one.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #13 of 62
I'm listening right now, first impressions very positive, they are made in Germany and are totally the pro presentation and tuning. Very light and comfortable, after all the crammed hybrids and multi ba's, these are feather light and seemingly empty inside lol.
Very similar idea in mind to HD25 here, solid sound, build, very good cable, shame about connector, wish i could try balanced, i doubt there'll ever be balanced cable for it.
Bass is deep and dynamic, great presence, mids are not too forward and very clear, highs are sparkly and very well extended, holographic sound. Generally very crispy, speaker like sound, balanced, but extented both ends, nothing sticks out, but all is juicy and far from boring, it won't wow, it'll reward in longer listening, but its fun, not too clinical. Definitely reminds of that Pro German sound, but tuned to be involving, from memory, i definitely prefer these to IE800S , clearer and much better balanced, less harshness.
I'm gonna give them a good run with LPGT and see if they get a little more refined. It's early to judge with a DD like this one.
thanks so u say u prefer them to ie800s can you mention in what areas

May 8, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #15 of 62
thanks so u say u prefer them to ie800s can you mention in what areas
All by memory, please take with a big pinch of salt, i had the original ie800, then the S too, but briefly, bass was always cool, but now other iems do amazing DD bass and while the crisp sound sig and clarity is similar, i found them a little shrill, narrow staged, treble was somewhat sibilant, it was attracting attention in a bad way next to EE legent x or Solaris or pretty much any iem in my collection. ie500 has kinda hot treble too, but never sibilant, just very extended and detailed, i think its the area where things will improve with burn in, i just remember i wasn't ok with ie800s treble and mids, but ie500 is a much more balanced tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back