Cant seem to get proper seal on E5s
Jun 21, 2005 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nipponbiki

100+ Head-Fier
I bought the Shure E5s about 6 weeks ago.

At first I thought the left phone was broken, cause the sound is just a little stonger on the right, making the sound uncentered, seeming to come mostly from the right side, especially vocals and that kind of mid-range. Also, I wore them to the gym once, and the sweat killed the left phone completely for like a week.

But then, I was on a plane and I could clearly hear that much more of the jet noise in my left ear, so now I am thinking the problem is just not a completely proper seal. I am using the triflanges, and I can't insert it any farther. Besides when I was on the plane, it feels like a normal, good seal, but apparently just a little bit open or something.

Can anybody help me out?

Jun 21, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 7
Everyones ear canals are different. I find the triflanges are the best for isolation. I do tend to wet the flar before I put it in the ear canal. This helps with the seal. Did you try some of the other types of tips for the e5s?

The triflanges that I am using actually came with the ety's I got awhile back.

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:06 PM Post #5 of 7
so, no techniques, fixes, mods, try this ... type of thing?

anybody?

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by nipponbiki
so, no techniques, fixes, mods, try this ... type of thing?

anybody?

"use the large yellow foamies from Etymorphics, cutting down the tube inside and the thickness of the foamie to match the size of the original Shure foamies.
And they give perfect seal and comfort, and easy to insert and remove."

"tend to wet the flar before I put it in the ear canal. This helps with the seal."

"The triflanges that I am using actually came with the ety"

"I think the best way is to order custom mold"

Personal in home consultations cost extra.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 22, 2005 at 12:54 PM Post #7 of 7
maybe this thread will help you ?
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=124586

I get rid of the problem when I tiwsted them in,they go much deeper so.
But first I put my finger in my ear to se the direction of my ear-cannal,I found out that I've beeing putting them in the wrong posision,my right ear-cannal goes a little bit down instead of straigh forward. Now I get a good seal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back