Can't make my final decision! First headphones ~150 dollar.
Oct 29, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #16 of 26
Thanks everyone, for all the valuable input so far. It does really help.

What's the first headphone that pops into your head with this wishlist?

- Closed headphones
- Quality sound (obviously, I listen mostly to jazz/trance/classic rock/relaxing music, for example nujabes, mrsuicidesheep etc.);
- Comfortable (I will wear them 5+ hours daily)
- Max budget of 150 dollars.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #20 of 26
Quote:
Walking distance? I'm jealous! My nearest shop is 700kms away. Actually, no, if i had a shop like that at walking distance i would never get anything done. I checked out the site in your link and prices look very close to what we pay in Australia.

i guess its just in the US that everything is cheaper?
i know in Singapore its prices are pretty close to Australia and Malaysia

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #21 of 26
598 is a great option
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:
Thanks everyone, for all the valuable input so far. It does really help.

What's the first headphone that pops into your head with this wishlist?

- Closed headphones
- Quality sound (obviously, I listen mostly to jazz/trance/classic rock/relaxing music, for example nujabes, mrsuicidesheep etc.);
- Comfortable (I will wear them 5+ hours daily)
- Max budget of 150 dollars.

Great pick. It was my first good quality headphone and has had alot of use. It will for sure hit that comfy factor you needed. The suckers are so light! I agree that with a bit of eq they 598s really are nice.

Oct 29, 2012 at 12:30 PM Post #23 of 26
The HD598's cost more than $150. Maybe you must have missed that??? But nonetheless, I think that they're great headphones and are probably some of the best in their price range. Like other people have stated, they leak LOTS of sound, but I don't know if it's enough for a microphone to pick up. Just to be safe, I would say that a microphone probably could pick them up. So that's probably not the best option for you.

Oct 29, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #24 of 26
Quote:
The HD598's cost more than $150. Maybe you must have missed that??? But nonetheless, I think that they're great headphones and are probably some of the best in their price range. Like other people have stated, they leak LOTS of sound, but I don't know if it's enough for a microphone to pick up. Just to be safe, I would say that a microphone probably could pick them up. So that's probably not the best option for you.

At this point I'm going to have to try them at the very least just because of the amount of time I spent checking them out!
I think they will be fine, I'll turn down the volume when I'm recording.

I got them for about 180 dollars. Can't wait till tomorrow! :)

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #25 of 26
Quote:
At this point I'm going to have to try them at the very least just because of the amount of time I spent checking them out!
I think they will be fine, I'll turn down the volume when I'm recording.

I got them for about 180 dollars. Can't wait till tomorrow! :)

good choice^^ 
at least these don't leak like grados
wink.gif

also hope you enjoy your new headphones tomoro
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back