Can't hear any sounds other than music with ASIO4ALL/foobar2k
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dwong

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, recently I have been using Asio4all output settings on foobar, and although music sounds much better on my laptop then when it is set to the primary sound card driver, I don't hear any other computer audio while music is playing ie: IM notifications, youtube videos, games, etc. Is this normal?

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 10
That is normal... this is because the software mixer is bypassed, leaving a pure clean audio stream for the music and the music only to pass through.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:21 AM Post #3 of 10
No wonder, and perfectly normal.
Since ASIO4ALL bypass the kmixer entirely...

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:17 AM Post #5 of 10
yes, this is normal
smily_headphones1.gif

the PatchMix exports all the sound channels in it to the audio-out. there are (in most of the default profiles) strips for both ASIO and WAVE. hence, both of their outputs go to the audio-out of the card
wink.gif
if you want only one of them to play, open PatchMix, and mute the stips for the given source

this is actually a neat way to stop the sound from any inputs you may have, such as a microphone, from sounding out of the speakers! Windows will still detect the incoming audio, but it wont be played back - a great way to kill potential feedback
biggrin.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:49 AM Post #8 of 10
I have mine setup so that normal windows sounds - including web content - goes to the standard windows sound card, but audio goes through the ASIO and then foobar uses the ASIO devices.

My Sound & Audio device under Control Panel is set to the standard windows sound card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back