Can't Decide Which IEM To Buy
Jul 7, 2010 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mechanix

100+ Head-Fier
I want to buy a new pair of ear-canal headphones after a friend of mine screwed up my Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision pair. I was able to use it for a brief period and I was "content" with them, because it was my first Sennheiser earphones and I expected a bit more. Now I'm thinking if I should get a higher model, like CX 500 which is priced £39.99 at mymemory.co.uk. But I wanna know if there's a noticeable difference between it and CX 300 II, does it worth the money to upgrade?

Also I am open for new suggestions other than Sennheiser brand and around the same price range with CX500. Thanks in advance.

Jul 7, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #2 of 7
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/478568/multi-iem-review-81-iems-compared-senn-ie8-fs-atrios-fa-eterna-hippo-vb-added-07-01

Jul 7, 2010 at 5:23 AM Post #3 of 7
read some of the above reviews.
for $79 usd there are some really nice IEMs available.
At $79, for detail & clarity the RE0 is hard to beat. If your a basshead you may have to look elsewhere like the hippo vb.
Read up on a few and ask some questions.
You can spend a lot of time on this site.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:02 AM Post #5 of 7
I don't want to spend more than 80-85 dollars, because shipping prices will be added to these price range as well. I am not a basshead and I mainly listen metal / rock music, so please make your suggestions related to that :)

I've been reading forums all day and it supplies great information. Maybe a bit too much because sometimes I lose my way around :p At the moment I'm trying to decide between CX 500, RE0 and MC5. But a major setback for me is to find a reliable website which ships internationally. Because of this reason I'm drifting towards CX 500 at mymemory.co.uk because i shopped there before and had no problems.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #6 of 7
You shouldn't have any problems with head-direct.com for the RE0s.
They ship EMS so you have a tracking number and they only charge $10 usd worldwide.

Jul 7, 2010 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 7
If you listen to CX-300, it's safe to say that you're a basshead 
biggrin.gif

Haven't heard CX-500, but any of RE0 or MC5 should give much more clarity than the Sennheiser. Once you hear it, there is no way back. I started with CX-300, then ended up with FX-700 and SM3. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back