Can't decide on which IEM to buy
Aug 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pavels555

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I had Sennheiser CX300 for like 6 years, but recently the left ear stopped working.

I'm am looking for a IEM around 30$,

I looked through the forum and couldn't decide on specific model for my purposes.

I'm listening mainy to Electronic music. Remixes/ Progressive House/ Dubstep and such.

Which one is the best for me?

1. VSonic gr99
2. MEElectronics M6
2. MEElectronics M9
3. JVC HA-FX101
4. or something else

Thank you

Aug 2, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2 of 2
For electronic music, the Meelec M9 is a great choice but one has to remember that the sound signature is quite V-shaped. They're quite good for a lot of genres of music, but not really that great for music with lots of vocals. The midbass and subbass on the M9 is plentiful, but its also not quite as refined as some more recent IEMs in this price range. That said however, they are great value for just sheer enjoyment of the music, especially with EDM, Progressive House, and Hardstyle. 
L3000.gif
 The M6 is nice also, some say its a more refined counterpart to the M9, but personally I did not like the fit enough to comment further on it.

The FX101 is actually a really enjoyable IEM for such an affordable pricepoint, and I actually still have a pair that I take with me on the daily commute. Initially they don't sound that impressive, but after ~100 hrs or so of burn in they punch above their price class and give a good degree detail while still remaining . Another JVC iem with a slightly different sound signature is the FX40, and these would also work great for electronic music. The main difference with these is that the treble has a bit more extension and is more refined, but the quantity of bass is less than the FX101. That's not to say that there is no bass or subbass on the FX40, but its definitely more controlled compared to the FX101.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back