CanOpener?
Sep 10, 2013 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 270

rtimmel

New Head-Fier
A company called Good Hertz has just released an IOS app called CanOpener ( http://canopenerapp.com ) that adds crossfeed and equalization. It seems to have some real nice features,fully adjustable angle and percentage on crossfeed, a fairly deep equalization program and presets for both.

Does anyone know how good it is? I'm new to crossfeeding and so while I can tell its interesting, I don't know if its high quality. I bought it, if for no other reason than to support anyone trying to keep the iPhone a decent music player, but I'd like to know what I got.

Sep 12, 2013 at 11:49 AM Post #2 of 270
A company called Good Hertz has just released an IOS app called CanOpener ( http://canopenerapp.com ) that adds crossfeed and equalization. It seems to have some real nice features,fully adjustable angle and percentage on crossfeed, a fairly deep equalization program and presets for both.

Does anyone know how good it is? I'm new to crossfeeding and so while I can tell its interesting, I don't know if its high quality. I bought it, if for no other reason than to support anyone trying to keep the iPhone a decent music player, but I'd like to know what I got.

only you will know what you got...

if it sounds good to you, you got a good deal!  if you don't like it....well i guarantee someone else does

thanks for the heads up BTW, i'm downloading it now just to play with.  i don't use iTunes to play music so it doesn't have a whole bunch of use for me, but all the same i love playing with this stuff 

Sep 16, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #3 of 270
Does anyone know how good it is?

It's AWESOME! Thanks for posting. I never would have found it otherwise. I'm listening to some old Beatles songs and adding a little crossfeed makes them much more enjoyable. I tried the crossfeed on the Fiio E12 and that was so extreme it seemed to move everything to the center. I also added 3db at 100Hz to my HD598 which sounds perfect to me. I've switched bypass on and off and I'm amazed at what I "put up with."

I've only had it for an hour and I've found a few bugs, like some titles not displaying, but overall it works like a charm. I like the interface. It takes 20 seconds to get used to, but afterwards it's pretty intuitive. :)

I hope it's successful. The name is a cleverly subtle, though highly overused by audiophile companies. I had trouble finding it until I saw it here. I read a couple reviews before downloading and one questioned if it was worth $4.99. Absolutely! I would just recommend a Lite version so people could try it. It's certainly worth $4.99, but many won't take the risk to try it.

UPDATE: The developer responded quickly to my bug reports and comments and agrees on the need for saving presets for different headphones. I also missed that this was a new release so that would explain why I never found it before.

Sep 17, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #4 of 270
Its really good, but is quite subtle compared to say something like SRSiWOW. Its one of those things that after listening to it for a while and then bypassing it (turning it off) you'll definitely notice it. 

The app is well designed and the sound-quality is excellent with built in support for FLAC, a great EQ. Its pretty much perfect.

I'm totally addicted to my MDR-EX600 and this app. It really helped 'correct' their odd separation.

Its kind-of a headphone swiss-army knife. I like using the 'mono' function to quickly ensure I have my IEMs fitted properly, and the Dolcimeter is helpful if you have one of the supported headphones. 

Feb 8, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #6 of 270
I'm totally addicted to this app on my iPhone and iPad. I love how easily tweakable the EQ and crossfeed settings are, and I can't imagine going back to the built-in Music app now. Highly recommended.

Thanks! So glad you're liking it.

Any headphones y'all would like to see added in the next release? — we're getting pretty close to a major update soon.

Feb 9, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 270
Great! We've already got the ER 4B/4S/4P/4PT coming in the update as well as most of the Grado line. I'll look into the Shure phones — thanks

Feb 10, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 270
Cool, thanks -- I'll see what we can do :) Are the 'W Series' Westones the most popular around here? We've also gotten a few requests for the UM line. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back