CANNOT Decide On A Cheap, Good SQ Headphone...
Oct 17, 2010 at 8:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

hyPROglo442

New Head-Fier
Hi Everyone!!

So. My situation: Bought my first pair of "non supermarket brand" headphones being the Sennheiser HD 280 PRO's and thought they were quite good (after days of burn in of course). Thought i would bring them along on my daily commute to college and while I loved the noise attenuation, they were just way too damn big and bulky.

So now I'm looking for a decent pair of smaller headphones (not IEMs). I need something portable with decent isolation, comfort, looks, is fairly cheap and of course good sound quality. Something that suits Rock, Alternative, Folk, Acoustic, Post-Hardcore, Metal etc. Yes, I have looked into the "ULTIMATE PORTABLE" in the HD 25 1-II's, but for a college student like me they just cost too damn much and I need a pair that if i lose it won't matter much.

The thing is, i find a good pair i like but then after more research a big flaw is pointed out and sways my decision. So far what I've favoured are:

Shure SRH240
HD 205
HD 201
HD 228
HD 202

(i know...alot of senns in there)

HELP.
biggrin.gif

Thanks in advance!

Oct 17, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #2 of 2
Why not just get something fun and a little less refined for now and get the nicer stuff when you can more easily afford it?

My vote goes to the Coby CV-185's... $10 Fun, punchy bass and should suit your musical tastes just fine. 

See ljokerl's review in his shootout. Review # (C21)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back