CanLanta 2013
May 3, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #182 of 194
Safe travels. Weather looks bad. I have to work for a few hours in the morning and then plan to be there about lunch or just after. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

May 3, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #183 of 194
Sorry to say, it looks like I won't be able to make it
frown.gif

I've had some car troubles the past week and I just don't feel safe about driving 250 miles from home before I get it into the shop. Maybe I can make it to the next one. I hope you all have a great time, can't wait to see pictures!

May 3, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #185 of 194
So excited for the meet, ready to hear audio nirvana and meet great people! My friend and I will be heading out of Biloxi in a few hours, maybe stop by an eatery ITP.

Stay safe and dry, everyone!

May 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #186 of 194
Guys you might want to come in through the front vs the side entrance, the weather is pretty nasty. Thx, Trav

May 4, 2013 at 7:10 PM Post #187 of 194
Just wanted to say thanks to Travis for all the work he put into coordinating the event. Personally, I had a blast. It was great to be able to put a name with a face from head-fi friends.  A few highlights for me:

1. The Stax hp's with the Blue Hawaii Amp. 
size]
 It's other worldly. Like nothing you've ever heard before. I had a hard time getting my brain around the sound. It reminded me of the first time that I saw the Mona Lisa. I knew it was beautiful but didn't quite know how to take it in.

2. The bottlehead crack was stellar with the hd650. I almost left too early and missed it. It's so different than the Schitt amps, but so beautiful. 

3. The Sansuii Receiver was phenomenally good. Stupid good. It took my Maddogs to a whole different level. It sounded fantastic when I plugged in the hd650 AND it drove the he6 perfectly. I want one!!!

4. Surprises:

*the Grado ps5k was really nice ( I had no interest in these tbh ), and was way better than I thought.
*the lcd3 was incredible but still way too heavy for me.
*the Senn Momentum was impressive and would be a great closed portable. 

May 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM Post #188 of 194
i can't wait to see more pics, i really wanted to go, just couldn't make it work
hopefully i cam make a meet soon, it would be my first !!

May 5, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #193 of 194
Thank you to our host's, Trav it was great to meet you.  Loved the Sansui, it brought back a lot of memories for me of gear from my high school days..  My time was limited as I didn't arrive at the meet until about 4pm, and it appeared a lot of people were on the way out by the time I arrived.  I was happy that first person I bumped into was MattTCG, so he was able to try out his 650's on my Bottlehead crack.  Finally I got to listen to some HiFiMan 500's, LCD3's and the Stax gear.  Today was my wedding anniversary 28 years ago, we did not realize we were getting married on Star Wars Day, so as late as I got there, I had to bolt to get home for a family dinner, and to watch Star Wars.  Revelation of the day for me was listening to some HD-600's on my bottlehead. Yowza! I like them better than my 650's. I was stunned. I don't think I'll part with the 650's, but I'll be adding 600's very soon.  

TomB and the Aurisonics guys, thanks for showing me your gear.  The Aurisonics are really nice kit.  And I don't know how I missed TomB and his DIY kits until now. 

May the 4th be with you!  (great day for a head-fi meet)

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back