CanLanta 2013
Feb 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #77 of 194
Could we start a list at the beginning of the thread with what equipment people are willing to bring and what people will be attending? 

Feb 14, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #78 of 194
Quote:
Could we start a list at the beginning of the thread with what equipment people are willing to bring and what people will be attending? 

+1, it's never too early...
popcorn.gif

Feb 15, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #80 of 194
Quote:

A good idea but just remember that the organizer does have a job and a family to care about. Having been on the organizing side, I can tell you this is no trivial task.

Feb 16, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #81 of 194
Just got an addendum to the contract. The hotel discounts will be available now Thursday May 2 - Saturday May 4, 3 nights instead of 1. Still 15 rooms. Trav

BTW thanks Emooze. It can be a little busy at times but in the end it's all worth it.

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #82 of 194
I'm glad to see this event and look forward to attending. This will be only my 2nd meet after attending the AVCOA event last year.

All my equipment is extremely portable with a Fiio e7 and e9, Westone 3's, Etymotic HF-3's
Ultrasone DJ Pro's, and a Dell laptop with 2 hard drives and an IEEE1394 or FireWire port.

Music consists of FLAC and 320kbps MP3's.

I hope to have a Fiio E17 DAC/AMP by the time of the show to have 24 and 32 bit / 192khz playback using Media Center 17.

I plan to bring this rig and will be happy to share it.

Mike
AtlantasRealtor

Feb 17, 2013 at 11:26 PM Post #83 of 194
I change gear about as often as I change socks, so there's really no telling what I show up with. jk

I'll have hd650 with custom cables. Maddogs with alpha pads. Most likely the he4. The amp will be a bit of a mystery. 

For the brave of heart, I will have for demonstration, my 20 plus year old vintage denon amp. It's certainly a "use at your own risk" affair. But man, does it have some serious punch and dynamics!! My hd650 can handle it...barely. It's a real love affair with orthos and the old denon. But hey, if you plug in your sensitive iem's into the old guy and they catch fire...you've been warned. 

A mint condition amp identical to the one I'm bringing sold today on ebay for $43 plus shipping. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #84 of 194
Yeah I am very excited about this event and barring any upcoming surgery "i have a lot of them these days"
i will be there and will bring my WOO WA7 and my LCD-2, Grado HF-2 about 600 gigs of FLAC files and my mac book air.

Feb 18, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #85 of 194
I have my LA2000 lite (markl modded D2000) with african padauk cups and hopefully by the time of the show I will have recabled to something truly special. 
wink_face.gif

I should also have my magni and modi stack arriving soon too which  can bring along.

Feb 20, 2013 at 10:31 PM Post #87 of 194
I'm in for sure. I don't have any "high-end" equipment, but can bring a Schiit Asgard, blue circle usb thingy dac, beyerdynamic t90's, grado sr325's and alessandro ms2's. Even if no one else is interested ... I'd like to see how my stuff compares / works with others' equipment.

Feb 21, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #88 of 194
Just curious if there will be WiFi available or not at the venue? Although I have some FLAC albums on my laptop, I primarily use my Spotify Premium account for ease and variety. It also enables others the option to listen to whatever they want on my rig, and not necessarily whatever I have available in FLAC.

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #89 of 194
Dx if memory serves WIFI was available at a fee. Trav

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #90 of 194
For the moment I'm planning on attending - it happens this date is my wedding anniversary (28th), so I won't be able to stay all day.  For Matt and the others interested, I'll be bringing a Bottlehead Crack with speedball that I built in December 2011. I'm not a high zoot tube guy, aside from what Bottlehead sent me (a GE 12au7, and Westinghouse 6080) my other tubes are newish Tesla/JJ and Electo-Harmonix and Sovitek Russian tubes, all of which sound so similar to each other I can't make a pick between them.  I usually run the Russian tubes because they are dead silent.  The older GE and 6080 buzz and hum until they've been on for an hour. I feed it with an ODAC.  

I've also got an Audio-gd Fun (remember those? FOTM!), with the Wolfson 8471 DAC.  

Phones: HD-650 for the Bottlehead, Alessandro MS1's, Sennheiser Momentum, Grado 60's. 

Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back