CanJam SoCal food talk thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2019 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 143

Watagump

Twizzler King
Since I did a pizza thread for NY, I might as well do a food talk thread so people can decide on places they might want to go to or try. My thoughts are In N Out Friday evening and BBQ Saturday evening. Other food has been brought up, so if people rather do that, there will be other options. I have no problem taking people to In N Out Friday even if they get in late and need a lift, its open until 1:30 on the weekends.

In N Out.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

Lucilles BBQ.

https://www.lucillesbbq.com/

Jun 4, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #5 of 143
The SoCal area has a legitimate—if contested—claim to the best Mexican food in the United States. You can hardly turn around without hitting a good neighborhood taqueria.

But you’ll be maybe fifteen minutes from cities in Orange County that have no real competition for the best Vietnamese food. The Vietnamese communities in, eg, Westminster or Garden Grove are huge. You have really erred if you leave without at least one banh mi or bowl of pho.

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #11 of 143
DA82D6A8-F28A-4639-B479-492E313A3A15.jpeg
F0FBC768-605C-4471-B6F9-A7F9B7DE37BA.jpeg

Beyond.....beyond.

franks philidephea orange county

Jun 4, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #13 of 143
The SoCal area has a legitimate—if contested—claim to the best Mexican food in the United States. You can hardly turn around without hitting a good neighborhood taqueria.

But you’ll be maybe fifteen minutes from cities in Orange County that have no real competition for the best Vietnamese food. The Vietnamese communities in, eg, Westminster or Garden Grove are huge. You have really erred if you leave without at least one banh mi or bowl of pho.

Come to Little Saigon which is about 15-20 minutes driving you’ll get any kinds of exotic Vietnamese foods. If you are arriving late night there is still “Phở restaurant” that opens late until 2-3 o’clock in the morning or maybe 24 hours. :slight_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back