1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal food talk thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last
  1. Watagump
    Since I did a pizza thread for NY, I might as well do a food talk thread so people can decide on places they might want to go to or try. My thoughts are In N Out Friday evening and BBQ Saturday evening. Other food has been brought up, so if people rather do that, there will be other options. I have no problem taking people to In N Out Friday even if they get in late and need a lift, its open until 1:30 on the weekends.

In N Out.

http://www.in-n-out.com/

Lucilles BBQ.

https://www.lucillesbbq.com/

Zachik likes this.
  2. joe Administrator
    In-N-Out is only open until 1:30am? Weaksauce.

3. third_eye Moderator
    Any good pizza in the OC?

NovaFlyer likes this.
  4. AxelCloris Administrator
    They're 2,600 miles from Chicago, so no? *ducks*

RCBinTN and Zachik like this.
  5. Matthew420
    The SoCal area has a legitimate—if contested—claim to the best Mexican food in the United States. You can hardly turn around without hitting a good neighborhood taqueria.

But you’ll be maybe fifteen minutes from cities in Orange County that have no real competition for the best Vietnamese food. The Vietnamese communities in, eg, Westminster or Garden Grove are huge. You have really erred if you leave without at least one banh mi or bowl of pho.

Monsterzero likes this.
  6. MadDane
    I wonder if Godzilla Sushi is still in business?, (I Left West LA in 1987)

7. Watagump

After trying NY pizza, nothing is.

8. Matthew420
    Looking for a pizza joint is like trying to find the best Memphis BBQ on a trip to Paris.

9. Watagump

I have to say this place has caught my eye.

L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele

10. Matthew420
    I’m not saying there’s no good pizza. But those are minutes and calories one could be spending eating some genuinely special local food.

11. Redcarmoose
    DA82D6A8-F28A-4639-B479-492E313A3A15.jpeg F0FBC768-605C-4471-B6F9-A7F9B7DE37BA.jpeg

Beyond.....beyond.

franks philidephea orange county

RCBinTN likes this.
  12. joe Administrator
  13. singleended5863
    Come to Little Saigon which is about 15-20 minutes driving you’ll get any kinds of exotic Vietnamese foods. If you are arriving late night there is still “Phở restaurant” that opens late until 2-3 o’clock in the morning or maybe 24 hours. :slight_smile:

Monsterzero, NovaFlyer and MadDane like this.
  14. MadDane
    SWEET!

15. MadDane
    joe likes this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.