CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2021 at 9:38 PM Post #166 of 949
Is there any date when a decision will be made to definitely have it or cancel it? Great fare sale from where I am which I don't want to miss, but also don't want to have to mess with if it gets cancelled. It seems if Broadway and such will be open by then, CanJam should be much less concerning. Being fully vaccinated I have no hesitation, and being a former infectious disease epidemiologist I know very few who have been as cautious as I have. There's a decent chance SoCal will be at herd immunity by then anyway.
Depending on the airline, changes or cancellations may not incur a fee. You could cancel and then have a credit with the airline for future travel. However, for most airlines I don't think there's a credit if you cancel applies to basic economy fares. I recommend you look at the current guidance for the airline you're thinking about flying.

Given today's new CDC guidance, I'm very hopeful SoCal will happen. I already made hotel reservations and am looking at airfare myself.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #170 of 949
Would love to make it but not sure it will happen but there is quite a bit of time till then so who knows.

May 16, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #172 of 949
Looking forward to attending!

May 16, 2021 at 1:32 AM Post #173 of 949
As it stands now, things are looking good for CanJam SoCal! The Irvine Marriott is currently hosting events with some restrictions still in place. In June, these restrictions are due to be lifted as long as the current trajectory remains the same.

I did errands today and I still had to wear a mask in the 3 places I went. One was Walmart, not real far from the Marriott. Its good to see the hotel is doing events, that's promising. Good ole CA, doing its own thing, which is usually the dumb thing. I did buy me some Cherry Twizzler bites today, been a long time.

May 16, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #174 of 949
May 17, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #176 of 949
Yes, there is a special rate and we'll be posting the link soon.

Please remember I’m volunteering to work the show Sunday for the first half of the day, looking forward to it!

May 18, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #177 of 949
Yes, there is a special rate and we'll be posting the link soon.
Any idea when that will happen as this is becoming more of a yes for me for now if the restrictions are lifted by then ?

May 18, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #179 of 949
Hope you can make it. I'm planning to attend and started looking at flights this weekend.
At this point a pretty definite maybe as long as Cali drops all the restrictions . Have had my 2 jabs so ready to go. Actually went to a small meet in Smithville TN. this past weekend and was so nice to just be around others in the hobby . A big plus is Tom always cooks something for the meet this time a nice roasted pork butt and Boudin sausage and the dude even had fresh baked bread and when I left at 5:30 was throwing together a pizza. All meets should be like this .

May 18, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #180 of 949
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back