CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 20, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #136 of 949
Right? It's not THAT hot. I'd rather have it be a warm day then the alternative. CAMJAM Nome in December was a disaster!

It can get mid to high 90's to low 100's in the area. But then again, we had 90's in Nov, last year and even some mid 80's in Feb, this year, you just never know.

Feb 21, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #138 of 949
Hey @third_eye, @moedawg140 makes a very good point. Hundreds of people swapping the same air for hours, all touching the same stuff before sticking it on their faces. Got to be a super-spreader risk if you have a lot of people unvaccinated.

Yes, it's a great point! We're working closely with the hotel venue in order to ensure that all safety protocols are met and there will be strict guidelines in place. As the situation is still fluid, we'll be updating everyone as we get more information to share and as we get closer to September.

Feb 21, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #139 of 949
Having to wear a mask makes it a hell no for me to attend. Other things are where the state will be in terms of dining. Coming to see people is something I want to do, but if we cant go someplace and sit and eat, then another no for me. I want to have fun and others do also, not being able to have a nice dinner, then hang out for drinks etc just defeats the point, at least for me.

Feb 21, 2021 at 8:59 PM Post #140 of 949
While we're waiting for CanJam (or the vaccine, or indoor dining, or just better days in general) it could be fun to daydream about the gear that we'd like to listen to at the next CanJam. Here's my list, in no particular order:
  • Drop 177X and 8XX
  • ZMF Verite Open and Closed, and Eikon (yes, I've heard the Eikon before, but I need to hear it again)
  • Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Open, Closed and Noire
  • Audeze LCD-1
  • Focal Celestee and Stellia
  • Rosson Audio RAD-0
  • Schiit Vali 2+, Jotunheim 2, Modius, Magnius, Bifrost 2, Ragnarok 2
  • ampsandsound Mogwai OG and Kenzie OG
  • Feliks Audio amps
  • Soekris DACs
  • Woo Audio WA6 V2

Feb 22, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #141 of 949
Yes, it's a great point! We're working closely with the hotel venue in order to ensure that all safety protocols are met and there will be strict guidelines in place. As the situation is still fluid, we'll be updating everyone as we get more information to share and as we get closer to September.

perhaps each vendor is under individual tent outside in the parking lot so there is plenty of fresh air and the tent will keep everyone out of the sun's heat.

Feb 22, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #142 of 949
perhaps each vendor is under individual tent outside in the parking lot so there is plenty of fresh air and the tent will keep everyone out of the sun's heat.

I like this idea. But it Might be a tough sell. I just dont think it would work. Just supplying power would be a pretty big nightmare.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2021 at 8:18 PM Post #143 of 949
While we're waiting for CanJam (or the vaccine, or indoor dining, or just better days in general) it could be fun to daydream about the gear that we'd like to listen to at the next CanJam. Here's my list, in no particular order:
  • Drop 177X and 8XX
  • ZMF Verite Open and Closed, and Eikon (yes, I've heard the Eikon before, but I need to hear it again)
  • Dan Clark Audio Aeon 2 Open, Closed and Noire
  • Audeze LCD-1
  • Focal Celestee and Stellia
  • Rosson Audio RAD-0
  • Schiit Vali 2+, Jotunheim 2, Modius, Magnius, Bifrost 2, Ragnarok 2
  • ampsandsound Mogwai OG and Kenzie OG
  • Feliks Audio amps
  • Soekris DACs
  • Woo Audio WA6 V2

Definitely try the Vérité Open from a Feliks amp, but you'll need to be prepared for the consequence of a major charge to your credit card!

Feb 22, 2021 at 9:32 PM Post #144 of 949
Definitely try the Vérité Open from a Feliks amp, but you'll need to be prepared for the consequence of a major charge to your credit card!
Hahahahaha :smirk:

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:07 AM Post #146 of 949
Can we get clarification on the dates? I just ordered my ticket, and it says September 25-26 at the bottom and September 11-12 in the circle around the logo.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2021 at 3:56 AM Post #147 of 949
Can we get clarification on the dates? I just ordered my ticket, and it says September 25-26 at the bottom and September 11-12 in the circle around the logo.

The dates for CanJam SoCal are September 25-26, 2021.

2020SOCAL big banner update.jpg

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:50 AM Post #148 of 949
If things look like being mostly "back to normal" by Summer, I'm going to try and come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back