CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:50 PM Post #106 of 949

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 2:58 PM Post #107 of 949
Relieved to hear this, as I would not have take the chance of going in December. Hopefully the world will have made much more progress 13 months from now.

We can only hope ...

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #108 of 949
I’m a Buddhist, don’t believe in guns. The mind is all one needs ...
I think what he meant is a police joke. When a police officer is no longer with the police force he need to return the badge and gun, this is usually the famous movie/TV show cliche

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:02 PM Post #109 of 949
UPDATE: We hope everyone has had a good and safe summer! While we were really hoping to be able to proceed with CanJam SoCal on December 12-13, we've made the decision to postpone until next year due to the continued uncertainty, and under advisement of the hotel venue. The new show dates for CanJam SoCal 2021 are September 11-12, 2021 and the event will take place at the Irvine Marriott.

This is sad, but it's the right decision given the whole Covid situation. See you all next year!

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #110 of 949
I think what he meant is a police joke. When a police officer is no longer with the police force he need to return the badge and gun, this is usually the famous movie/TV show cliche

ah, thank you for the explanation.

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:45 PM Post #111 of 949
Head-Fi should create and award a new badge: NoCanJam 2020 SoCal. Same picture, but with an added:

1598293243761.png

How about this one?

No CANJAM Virus.png

Aug 24, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #113 of 949

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 8:05 PM Post #114 of 949
On the bright side I've saved a lot of money not traveling this year, so more to spend on gear! Maybe I can even afford the EE ODIN now. :ksc75smile:

Yes, that's one good thing about the current situation. I just ordered a Focal Elegia and I have my eye on the upcoming Monoprice Liquid Gold as well. The DCA Aeon 2 Closed is tempting too...

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #115 of 949
Seriously, I took all my travel money refunds and budgeted expenses and got a ZMF Verite C LTD instead. I was planning to wait until the event when it was June to at least try them first, but oh well. They'll certainly provide more lasting pleasure than a couple brief trips to the mainland would have.

Yes, that's one good thing about the current situation. I just ordered a Focal Elegia and I have my eye on the upcoming Monoprice Liquid Gold as well. The DCA Aeon 2 Closed is tempting too...

I bought a ZMF Vérité LTD, really looking forward to receiving that. Need to decide what amp I'll get to pair with it.

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:51 PM Post #116 of 949
For the entire team putting on the SoCal Can Jam shows
Thank you for trying, but even more for doing the safe and right thing.
Also it would be hard to say how many of the vendors outside of the country would be able to come
and while Orange County CA got off the CA Covid 19 Watch list just today, who knows what would have come up by Dec.
Yes, let reset and shoot for Sept 2021.

Also give me time to save up for what I'm sure I'll be splurging on show specials next year!

Thanks again

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:04 PM Post #117 of 949
I’m a Buddhist, don’t believe in guns. The mind is all one needs ...
Sorry, I was joking, referencing TV shows where a cop is fired and ordered to “Turn in your badge and your gun!” Just being quippy! Have a nice day!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2020 at 2:15 AM Post #119 of 949
2021SOCAL big banner update.jpg

UPDATE: CanJam SoCal 2020 scheduled for December 12-13, 2020 has been postponed until 2021. CanJam SoCal 2021 will take place on September 11-12, 2021.

CanJam SoCal 2021 returns to sunny Orange County for the 6th edition of CanJam SoCal! Join us again at the newly renovated Irvine Marriott for North America's biggest headphone audio show! SAVE THE DATE and be sure to subscribe to the thread for updates.

CanJam SoCal 2021

Irvine Marriott
18000 Von Karman Avenue
Irvine, California 92612
USA

Saturday, September 11, 2021
10am to 6pm

Sunday, September 12, 2021
10am to 5pm

Show Tickets (Click here to purchase)
Weekend - $30
One Day - $20

Travel
Minutes away from South Coast Plaza, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach, and Disneyland, visitors to CanJam SoCal will get to experience Southern California at its finest. We have secured a limited number of rooms at an incredible rate of $119/night. Discounted self parking is $10.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam SoCal 2021 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend tickets along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

SoCal_20_Avatar 720X720.jpg
Thank you, I am SO looking forward to the event, and upgrading gear to make staying at home a little bit easier to take!

Feb 19, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #120 of 949
Interested in attending in Sept (it's like one city over from me so that's cool). Would be my first Can-Jam, so what can I expect? From what I understand you can test HP's and other gear correct? Is there any method to this? Like if I wanted to test Focal Clear MG's and Sennheiser HD800s would I have to make a reservation with both, or do you just walk up and wait in a line for your turn?

Also, is gear for sale there? I saw a YT review where the guy said he was at a Can-Jam and loved the headphones so much he asked to buy them then and there but he couldn't (wouldn't elaborate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back