CanJam SoCal 2021 (September 25-26, 2021)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #46 of 949
Kinda bummed about the date change, as I am not yet sure if I'll be able to attend in December. To be perfectly clear I think rescheduling is absolutely the right move here, just kvetching about my personal schedule.

Do I need to contact the hotel to modify my reservation if I am able to attend?

Mar 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #47 of 949
Kinda bummed about the date change, as I am not yet sure if I'll be able to attend in December. To be perfectly clear I think rescheduling is absolutely the right move here, just kvetching about my personal schedule.

Do I need to contact the hotel to modify my reservation if I am able to attend?

Yes, if you have a hotel reservation for the original dates in June, you would need to cancel that and make a new reservation for the new show dates. I'll be updating the thread as soon as we have our new reservations link from the Irvine Marriott for the new December dates.

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #48 of 949
Yes, if you have a hotel reservation for the original dates in June, you would need to cancel that and make a new reservation for the new show dates. I'll be updating the thread as soon as we have our new reservations link from the Irvine Marriott for the new December dates.

FWIW my reservation reads as cancelled, which is about right. At this point I don't know if I'll be a) homebound b) headed to canjam or c) busy in EU at that point.

I'm leaving my CJ tickets in place regardless, as a donation to keeping it fun

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #51 of 949
Gives me another reason to take a few days off and head to LA in December

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:35 PM Post #52 of 949
Look forward to the show. Purchased the demo BHSE last year. Lets see what I can buy this year and justify it as a christmas gift to myself.

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #53 of 949
I'll make it work! See you there!

Apr 20, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #54 of 949
I don’t seriously if I’ll make it this year after going to NY and my fingers are crossed though that Chicago still happens.

Apr 22, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #55 of 949
I don’t seriously if I’ll make it this year after going to NY and my fingers are crossed though that Chicago still happens.
Just saw London CanJam is cancelled this year. Oktoberfest is cancelled, and Germany is starting to slowly open up.

Hope your doing well. At least you have easy access to good bourbon - I saw some stories that drinking whisky helps in fighting COVID-19.

Apr 23, 2020 at 12:18 PM Post #57 of 949
I'm curious about the new dates. Mid-ish December puts us in the middle of traditional flu season--even without the dark wildcard of COVD-19.

Yes, that is a concern, especially since the health experts are warning that we will get a second wave of Covid-19 this fall/winter. We shall see ...

Apr 23, 2020 at 4:40 PM Post #58 of 949
Sounds like at least one other person here shares my concerns. I don't want to be a killjoy - I'm already disappointed not to have had this event in the summer and won't be a happy camper if we don't have it in December either, but realistically, barring some amazing luck with a vaccine or some other unexpected miracle, I don't see how any CanJam could be run in a responsible, "socially-distanced" way. Lots of people together in one confined, air-circulated environment, everybody touching the same things and then putting them on their faces, in their ears, etc. I'd love to be wrong, but I just can't see this happening :frowning2:

Apr 23, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #59 of 949
Sounds like at least one other person here shares my concerns. I don't want to be a killjoy - I'm already disappointed not to have had this event in the summer and won't be a happy camper if we don't have it in December either, but realistically, barring some amazing luck with a vaccine or some other unexpected miracle, I don't see how any CanJam could be run in a responsible, "socially-distanced" way. Lots of people together in one confined, air-circulated environment, everybody touching the same things and then putting them on their faces, in their ears, etc. I'd love to be wrong, but I just can't see this happening :frowning2:
No worries - have one of these are the entrance line:
1587681248252.png

Followed by a quick change of clothes:
1587681582087.png

...and we're all set! :wink:

Apr 23, 2020 at 9:41 PM Post #60 of 949

Agreed, but miracles do happen ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back