CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #586 of 611
Nothing better than the smell of OG early in the morning here in OC. Get my gears fully charged and ready for the demo. My last OC Camjam show was in 2016 and it's time to upgrade the K10U and Fidue SIrius to some 2019 tech. Of course, hope there's a smoking section near the show area because having OG in the system is very important for making $1000+ audio gear purchase decisions.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #588 of 611
Jun 22, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #589 of 611
Hey, this may be kind of a dumb question, but…:

How do exhibitors handle ear tips? I'm not typically the squeamish type, but for some reason I'm wondering whether I should bring a stash of tips so I don't have to share ear wax with everybody who got there before I did.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #590 of 611
Nothing better than the smell of OG early in the morning here in OC. Get my gears fully charged and ready for the demo. My last OC Camjam show was in 2016 and it's time to upgrade the K10U and Fidue SIrius to some 2019 tech. Of course, hope there's a smoking section near the show area because having OG in the system is very important for making $1000+ audio gear purchase decisions.

No smoking section per-say, but its close to exits, you can walk outside.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #591 of 611
Hey, this may be kind of a dumb question, but…:

How do exhibitors handle ear tips? I'm not typically the squeamish type, but for some reason I'm wondering whether I should bring a stash of tips so I don't have to share ear wax with everybody who got there before I did.

We wipe down every set after usage, its pretty common at the shows.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #592 of 611
Can-Jam first timer here, heading up today from San Diego area. Looking forward to it! Is it a must to bring my own cans? I’ve only got open backs..
Only if you want to hear them from a specific amp as no guarantee they will have what you have otherwise no.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #593 of 611
You can smoke outside at the three entrances to the show on the side of the building.

Jun 22, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #595 of 611
Going to be heading over from the Inland Empire area shortly. Super excited as this is my first CanJam. I’m glad it worked out that I would be in So Cal to attend during the dates, as I live in Rhode Island. Missed out on CanJam in NYC, so I’m really pumped!

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #596 of 611
Lol ! The title of this event is a little “provocative”. It is fun and humorous, but some people may just think the question implies

1/ smart - not touching it
2/ ass - don’t know schiit to touch
3/ really only smart-ass would touch ?

I look forward to seeing the pictures and the fun people is experiencing with this event

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #597 of 611
Denise prodded me to do this, and Ethan OKed it, so here goes: we're trying something new at CanJam SoCal this year.

Specifically:

"Build (and test) your own Magni 3 or Modi 3 for $79."

Yes. That's right. Build your own, save some money, and get a CanJam-only sticker showing the world you built it.

Sounds scary? It's not. We'll have people there to help you with any part of the process, from assembly to Avermetrics analyzer testing. There's no soldering or any dangerous voltages. It's literally only a matter of minutes to get to a finished, working product (or two, you can build one or both if you'd like.)

So why are we doing something like this? Because Alex Martin, our head of operations, had so much fun doing this with middle-school kids on Career Day at our local schools that we thought you might like it too. (And don't worry about the kids at the school, we weren't selling Magnis to the, just giving them an idea of how manufacturing works. The school district was so pleased we won an award for it. Maybe Alex can post that up.)

But I ramble. I hope to see you there--I'll be at CanJam both days!

That is some cool Schiit, I tell you wut.
Who said "you can't make this schiit up"?

Jun 22, 2019 at 11:10 AM Post #598 of 611
Jun 22, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #600 of 611
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back