CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2019 at 2:47 AM Post #574 of 611
More parking info. When you arrive head to the entrance and stay left to use the self parking. Push the button on the machine to get your ticket. Hang on to that ticket, when you want to leave, go to the valet, tell them you are with the show. They will give you a sticker that gives you the $10 rate. Going out use the ticket in the machine, pay by card and the gate will open.

Jun 22, 2019 at 2:48 AM Post #575 of 611
@Jason Stoddard I would love to learn about building amps and I work with a guy who I think knows one of the schiit guys. He built this little amp, the magic is in those two green guys. They are modified gain blocks that are now an opamp of sorts. Thing is pretty amazing for clarity, detail and soundstage. I dare say almost THX levels.

IMG_20190621_130223.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #576 of 611
Hey for any of you walking from the John Wayne airport - fair warning it's longer than it looks on the map and you will be exhausted. Luckily there is a pedestrian route on Google Maps, but at least make sure you're not lugging more than a few pounds on you.

Also @third_eye I actually think it's a good idea to put our Head-Fi usernames on our badge so we can recognize each other (possibly along with real name), if that's how we roll this year

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 3:14 AM Post #577 of 611
Hey for any of you walking from the John Wayne airport - fair warning it's longer than it looks on the map and you will be exhausted. Luckily there is a pedestrian route on Google Maps, but at least make sure you're not lugging more than a few pounds on you.

Also @third_eye I actually think it's a good idea to put our Head-Fi usernames on our badge so we can recognize each other (possibly along with real name), if that's how we roll this year

People just coming to the show who are not part of the industry get wristbands.

Jun 22, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #578 of 611
I was planning on walking, but my airplane got delayed and arrived at 11pm. The last shuttle was at 11, so I took an Uber. I wasn’t in the mood of walking at midnight.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #579 of 611
Orange County, by the airport.........there are some great strip clubs near there. Way more interesting than headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #580 of 611
Orange County, by the airport.........there are some great strip clubs near there. Way more interesting than headphones.
Are you actually going to the CanJam? Lol

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #581 of 611
Are you actually going to the CanJam? Lol

Reminiscing.........I used to live near there.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.
– Ernest Dowson, from "Vitae Summa Brevis" (1896)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #582 of 611
Reminiscing.........I used to live near there.

They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.
– Ernest Dowson, from "Vitae Summa Brevis" (1896).
Pure brothel style.
For those around, boring waiting lines during the day and some obscure happiness at night. Looks like a good balance.

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:21 AM Post #583 of 611
Pure brothel style.
For those around, boring waiting lines during the day and some obscure happiness at night. Looks like a good balance.

I’m being silly......I maybe went to 3 strip clubs while spending 20 years in the area; each time someone brought me.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2019 at 6:27 AM Post #584 of 611
I’m being silly......I maybe went to 3 strip clubs while spending 20 years in the area; each time someone brought me.
You should have said that a "friend" told you. Blame a friend is always the best option. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back