CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #301 of 611
nvm, somebody already mentioned

Can you share the music you will be using for the demo?, if we can’t use our music on your headphones we could try the music you are going to demo in our gear. That way we get a reference.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #302 of 611
We understand how to do these things. Our goal is to maximize listening time AND to provide high-quality tracks with superb mastering. To achieve that, and also to avoid the ever possible issues of poor internet connectivity, worn/shorted interconnects and damage, we are sticking with a controlled experience for our very best performing product. Think of the demo as a concert performance... we’ve worked hard to conduct the experience for you!

Thank you for considering our present stance. We want everyone to have an excellent experience!

I understand the controlled experience but... what if i wanted to listen to...

cover.jpg

No CD transport then?

May 29, 2019 at 8:48 PM Post #303 of 611
Frankly, the last thing I want is to listen to a piece of gear that a) will shame every other thing I ever hear, and b) will never be something I can buy. Unless I win lotto. I guess some people can enjoy learning how good it can get, but I am not one of them.

May 29, 2019 at 8:58 PM Post #304 of 611
Frankly, the last thing I want is to listen to a piece of gear that a) will shame every other thing I ever hear, and b) will never be something I can buy. Unless I win lotto. I guess some people can enjoy learning how good it can get, but I am not one of them.

just because it cost 55k doesnt mean it will sound good to you...you would think it will but spending that much your mind tend to trick you...."dang if I spend 55k, and I think this sound horrid, must be something wrong with my ear"

May 29, 2019 at 9:06 PM Post #307 of 611
just because it cost 55k doesnt mean it will sound good to you...you would think it will but spending that much your mind tend to trick you...."dang if I spend 55k, and I think this sound horrid, must be something wrong with my ear"

I guess it’s conceivable. But Sennheiser has some credibility here. I’m going to assume it’s the goods.

May 29, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #308 of 611
just because it cost 55k doesnt mean it will sound good to you...
So true. If the Nuraphone taught us one thing it's that our hearing profiles and preferences seem to be as unique as our fingerprints. No guarantee that what sounds best to Sennheiser's top acoustic engineers is good to sound equally superior to everybody else.

Sorry to go off-topic here folks :wink: But... @TSAVAlan - are you folks going to be demo-ing Shanling's gear at your booth this year?

P.S. And Questyle's DAPs? QPM??

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #310 of 611
I wouldnt even believe it if sennheiser straight up say yes lol....
I don't care man im so desperate for a new flagship stat from Sennheiser ..... i would even fork out 4k for it... :sob::sob::cry::cry::cry:

NbMN.gif

May 29, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #311 of 611
So true. If the Nuraphone taught us one thing it's that our hearing profiles and preferences seem to be as unique as our fingerprints. No guarantee that what sounds best to Sennheiser's top acoustic engineers is good to sound equally superior to everybody else.

Sorry to go off-topic here folks :wink: But... @TSAVAlan - are you folks going to be demo-ing Shanling's gear at your booth this year?

P.S. And Questyle's DAPs? QPM??
Won't reveal our gear list until the CanJam video :darthsmile:

May 29, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #312 of 611
May 30, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #313 of 611
Right in time for my move to Los Angeles...this must be some sort of providence.

Are there any age restrictions? If I went, I'd have to have the 11 and 5yos along with me if I did go. They're civilized, though...I promise.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 12:37 AM Post #314 of 611
Mm...it is a very short audition in a very quiet room. It is a sample.

1. You really can’t judge what the HE 1 is fully capable of. For that, you need a dozen hours or so, playing all the tracks you are familiar with and with different sources.

2. If you are serious about buying it, arrange a private audition with Sennheiser. I think they will be accomodating.

3. Stop criticizing Sennheiser for the audition mechanics because of the very limited time and the need to accomodate as many auditions as possible.

4. Best source for the HE 1 is, in my experience, the Chord Blu Mk II CD player. I don’t bother any more with USB.

5. With a ton of headfi equipment to audition at CanJam, believe me, every minute counts. Two days is not enough.

Last edited:
May 30, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #315 of 611
What is the song list/tracks that you will offer to choose from iside this listenig room ?
The session is only 5 minute of listening, right?
As said before, I really respect Sennheiser quality and engineering, but I think that this headphones overpriced.

Mm...during my audition at Canjam Singapore 2017, the HE 1 demo unit was attached to a Mac via a fancy usb. The tracks were in the hundreds. The Senn people played two tracks of their choice (yes, one of them was the everlasting Hotel California), then I got to choose my tracks from the Mac. The audition lasted 15 minutes. To maximize my time, I selected tracks that I am familiar with and played maybe 20 to 30 seconds of the track before moving to the next.

Intense experience. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back