CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #286 of 611
We understand how to do these things. However, in order to maximize listening time AND to provide high-quality tracks with superb mastering, as well as avoiding the ever possible issues of poor internet connectivity, worn/shorted interconnects and damage, we are sticking with a controlled experience for our very best performing product. Think of the demo as a concert performance... we’ve worked hard to conduct the experience for you!

Thank you for considering our present stance. We want everyone to have an excellent experience!
Sennheiser, I love you guys (and my HD800s) to death, but I find this stance disappointing. I don't want a nice experience; that's what Disneyland is for. I was hoping for something a bit more scientific. My own SD card wouldn't require an internet connection and I promise I'd be out of there in less than 5 minutes regardless of the outcome or ability of your player to read my card. Is this stance set in stone, or is this something you'd at least consider for those of us that begged and grovelled?

May 29, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #287 of 611
No need to grovel! Thank you for presenting your reasons in a logical, reasoned manner.

We do consider different perspectives on this, but for the upcoming shows, we are decided on conducting the experience. And your experience will match the other attendees, reviewers, press, and our own engineers!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
May 29, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #288 of 611
No need to grovel! Thank you for presenting your reasons in a logical, reasoned manner.

We do consider different perspectives on this, but for the upcoming shows, we are decided on conducting the experience. And your experience will match the other attendees, reviewers, press, and our own engineers!
Ok, thanks for the clarification.

May 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #289 of 611

Any plans for a JR version of the Sennheiser HE-1?

May 29, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #290 of 611

Can you share the music you will be using for the demo?, if we can’t use our music on your headphones we could try the music you are going to demo in our gear. That way we get a reference.

May 29, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #291 of 611
The majority of us can't afford that 50k setup so any plans for a consumer friendly flagship stat?

May 29, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #292 of 611
It's hard to say what boggles my mind the most about this exchange:

- Audio company makes headphone system that costs more than the median American family income,

- Audio company makes it available for listening to hundreds of people who could never possibly buy it, or

- End user concerned that he won't be able to listen his preferred audition music before not buying

May 29, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #293 of 611
What is the song list/tracks that you will offer to choose from iside this listenig room ?
The session is only 5 minute of listening, right?
As said before, I really respect Sennheiser quality and engineering, but I think that this headphones overpriced.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #294 of 611
We understand how to do these things. Our goal is to maximize listening time AND to provide high-quality tracks with superb mastering. To achieve that, and also to avoid the ever possible issues of poor internet connectivity, worn/shorted interconnects and damage, we are sticking with a controlled experience for our very best performing product. Think of the demo as a concert performance... we’ve worked hard to conduct the experience for you!

Thank you for considering our present stance. We want everyone to have an excellent experience!

Sennheiser! please make a pro reference DAP!
There are many DAPs but they are delusional... promising only "euphoric sounds."
I hope you guys create a DAP for music professionals! ideally with android OS.
We need a reference DAP from a real pro audio company like Sennheiser.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #295 of 611
It's hard to say what boggles my mind the most about this exchange:

- Audio company makes headphone system that costs more than the median American family income,

- Audio company makes it available for listening to hundreds of people who could never possibly buy it, or

- End user concerned that he won't be able to listen his preferred audition music before not buying

I'm not sure why any of those points should boggle your mind. Try to see the world from a different perspective for a minute:

1) Audio company makes a cost-no-issue headphone to push the boundaries and show what can be done with the best of modern technology. That's intrinsically interesting, but also - expensive technology trickling down to lower price tiers is how progress is made.

2) Audio company makes it available for listening to hundreds of people who could never possibly buy it. Why would you object to that? It's a natural marketing opportunity for Sennheiser to show off their technical prowess and, perhaps, drive sales of their more affordable headphones. And it's a nice experience for those that get to listen to it.

3) Because there's a natural curiosity to see if/how much better the world's best headphone might sound compared to our current favorite model(s). You could come out of the demo having had a nice experience and having learned something. Or you could just come out having had a nice experience. I'd simply prefer the former.

As said before, I really respect Sennheiser quality and engineering, but I think that this headphones overpriced.
Of course it is, but I think you're somewhat missing the point of the HE1. I don't think Sennheiser's goal is to sell a truckload of HE1s at the CanJam. (See points 1 & 2 above.)

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #296 of 611
To give little perspective. Hotel wifi at shows is notorious for being inconsistent. Trying to depend on it for Tidal streaming is little hit or miss considering in the next room over if lots of folks also trying to stream Tidal.

A 10 minute session is above average for those who stop by a booth. And it is a closed room so quite rare to find peace and quiet.

In this hobby, we got nice hi res music and such. Can't count the amount of times a show computer of mine crashed while playing some DSD :beyersmile:

Life is easier when Sennheiser can play their set list of tracks.

Last edited:
May 29, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #299 of 611
We understand how to do these things. Our goal is to maximize listening time AND to provide high-quality tracks with superb mastering. To achieve that, and also to avoid the ever possible issues of poor internet connectivity, worn/shorted interconnects and damage, we are sticking with a controlled experience for our very best performing product. Think of the demo as a concert performance... we’ve worked hard to conduct the experience for you!

I like this attitude. Now just do a demo session in Indianapolis. Come on, ask your supervisor to support a outreach marketing event, travel all 50 states, and post on several websites a signup sheet. Would be one baller way to make your job more fun, some travel involved paid for by the big boys above, and I'll continue to tell everyone how much I love my HD58X. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back