1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
  1. Watagump
    Heh, its safe, don't worry. It does cost more to use, but then transportation from other airports would make them balance out. Marriott has a shuttle to and from John Wayne.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. buke9
    For me John Wayne was cheaper than LAX.

3. Watagump

That's interesting, I guess where you come from matters. Its always cheaper for me to go use LAX for the flights I have taken. JetBlue was for NY, but Chicago and even Denver will both be United.

4. buke9
    Southwest just a few dollars more and right next to the event so no hassle with shuttle to the hotel.

5. Watagump

The hotel is about a mile from the airport.

6. buke9
    So yep.

7. Zachik
    Yup - hotel already booked! :smiley:

8. ogodei
    Same price for me coming in from Chicago, and free shuttle to boot. Good deal.

buke9 likes this.
  9. buke9
    Like the free shuttle also.

10. boblauer
    Only if you don't like the feeling of stalling at a thousand feet! Landing is all on the air crew there's enough room for what they fly in there. Couple bounces never hurt anything!

11. Watagump

Lol, when they get over NB and reduce the engines its quite different. I am glad I don't have to drive to LAX for the trip to Axpona, also looks like I will be using John Wayne for RMAF, both are United though. :worried:

12. boblauer
    Exactly the noise restrictions over back bay force some interesting flight characteristics. My Brother in law is a retired commercial pilot and basically they shut down to the point the stall indication systems squawk in the fight cabin the whole time. The was the main push to convert the Old El Toro MCAS to a commercial field but there were serious issues with taking off east when the head winds forced that path. I knew some Marine pilots who loved to buzz the back bay area just to piss off the snobs.

13. -HaVoC-Tzu-
    No STAX? Probably won’t go then, only reason I would want to go would be to try STAX.

14. Watagump

Still plenty of time for companies to sign up.

15. third_eye Moderator
    AudioWise added to exhibitor list!

First

Back
1 2 3
5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.