CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 3, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #347 of 611
Hey guys, old user here looking to possibly make a special (long) trip back down to CandyJam land :smile_phones:

Anyone please enlighten me if all of these headphones are likely to be there?

Mr. Speakers Ether 2
Focal Stellia
Hifiman Arya & Ananda
ZMF Eikon, Atticus & Auteur
Meze Emperyean
Kennerton Thror

Looks like these are all on the exhibitor's list so I would presume all of the above would be present, with the exception of Kennerton so for anyone with a Thror: that would be stealthy if you can bring one to try out - feel free to post here or PM me if so.
I don't know about the Kennerton, but I know the rest will be there.

Jun 3, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #348 of 611
We understand how to do these things. Our goal is to maximize listening time AND to provide high-quality tracks with superb mastering. To achieve that, and also to avoid the ever possible issues of poor internet connectivity, worn/shorted interconnects and damage, we are sticking with a controlled experience for our very best performing product. Think of the demo as a concert performance... we’ve worked hard to conduct the experience for you!

Thank you for considering our present stance. We want everyone to have an excellent experience!

Hi @Sennheiser - we had a couple of good suggestions here from @elira and @Raketen:

Can you share the music you will be using for the demo?, if we can’t use our music on your headphones we could try the music you are going to demo in our gear. That way we get a reference.

Perhaps a good compromise would be for Sennheiser to pre-publish a list of the tracks/versions they will be demonstrating with, that way those so inclined could come prepared?

I'm sure nobody's expecting you to provide free/illegal music downloads, but perhaps you could point us to where we can purchase the specific versions of the demo tracks you'll be using? If they are indeed superbly mastered, they'd be of intrinsic interest to other headfiers, regardless of the HE1 demo. Could you provide us those links/references, or do your demo tracks have some sort of proprietary DSP applied?

@third_eye - couple of questions I'm hoping you can help me with... :) 1 )There are a number of vendors I was hoping to see that still aren't on the list. What proportion of vendors only commit to these CanJams right at the last minute? 2) Where's Jude's preview video?!?

Jun 3, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #349 of 611
Where's Jude's preview video?!?
This one usually airs a week or so before the show... I am ALWAYS looking for this one, too :)

Jun 4, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #350 of 611
It looks like dinner Friday night can happen if people are interested. In N Out or whatever, Jim from Noble arrives around noon but its at LAX, so he has a drive down. We can plan more later, its only going to matter how many are in the area early enough. He rented a car, so between his car and mine, we should have enough transportation, of course depending on how many want to come.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #351 of 611
It looks like dinner Friday night can happen if people are interested. In N Out or whatever, Jim from Noble arrives around noon but its at LAX, so he has a drive down. We can plan more later, its only going to matter how many are in the area early enough. He rented a car, so between his car and mine, we should have enough transportation, of course depending on how many want to come.
I think I get there like 3 or 4 can’t remember but I’m down.

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #352 of 611
I would love to join you but it will depend on the time and how much work I have to finish up on the booth. Benchmark is bringing our big booth to SoCal and will have plenty of listening stations for people to listen and enjoy music!

Jun 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #353 of 611
I would love to join you but it will depend on the time and how much work I have to finish up on the booth. Benchmark is bringing our big booth to SoCal and will have plenty of listening stations for people to listen and enjoy music!

Well I am thinking evening of course, 5 PM, 6 PM or even a little later if we have to.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #355 of 611
Sounds good to me.

Jun 4, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #356 of 611
@Watagump - glad to see you woke up from your Twizzlers coma! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back