1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2019 (June 22-23, 2019)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
  1. Raketen
    nvm, somebody already mentioned

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
    csglinux, Schwibbles and MadDane like this.
  2. Deftone
    I understand the controlled experience but... what if i wanted to listen to...

cover.jpg

No CD transport then?

3. Matthew420
    Frankly, the last thing I want is to listen to a piece of gear that a) will shame every other thing I ever hear, and b) will never be something I can buy. Unless I win lotto. I guess some people can enjoy learning how good it can get, but I am not one of them.

BreadMaster likes this.
  4. Law87

just because it cost 55k doesnt mean it will sound good to you...you would think it will but spending that much your mind tend to trick you...."dang if I spend 55k, and I think this sound horrid, must be something wrong with my ear"

5. BreadMaster
    With Axel gone i dont think so... :sob:

6. MadDane
    Ok, went a little bit farther than I expected.

7. Matthew420
    I guess it’s conceivable. But Sennheiser has some credibility here. I’m going to assume it’s the goods.

Sennheiser and BreadMaster like this.
  8. csglinux
    So true. If the Nuraphone taught us one thing it's that our hearing profiles and preferences seem to be as unique as our fingerprints. No guarantee that what sounds best to Sennheiser's top acoustic engineers is good to sound equally superior to everybody else.

Sorry to go off-topic here folks :wink: But... @TSAVAlan - are you folks going to be demo-ing Shanling's gear at your booth this year?

P.S. And Questyle's DAPs? QPM??

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    moedawg140 likes this.
  9. Law87

I wouldnt even believe it if sennheiser straight up say yes lol....

BreadMaster likes this.
  10. BreadMaster
    I don't care man im so desperate for a new flagship stat from Sennheiser ..... i would even fork out 4k for it... :sob::sob::cry::cry::cry:

[​IMG]

Law87 likes this.
  11. TSAVAlan
    Won't reveal our gear list until the CanJam video :darthsmile:

The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
    elira likes this.
  12. Zachik
    Alan, you're such a tease! :smirk:

13. neo_styles
    Right in time for my move to Los Angeles...this must be some sort of providence.

Are there any age restrictions? If I went, I'd have to have the 11 and 5yos along with me if I did go. They're civilized, though...I promise.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  14. raypin
    Mm...it is a very short audition in a very quiet room. It is a sample.

1. You really can’t judge what the HE 1 is fully capable of. For that, you need a dozen hours or so, playing all the tracks you are familiar with and with different sources.

2. If you are serious about buying it, arrange a private audition with Sennheiser. I think they will be accomodating.

3. Stop criticizing Sennheiser for the audition mechanics because of the very limited time and the need to accomodate as many auditions as possible.

4. Best source for the HE 1 is, in my experience, the Chord Blu Mk II CD player. I don’t bother any more with USB.

5. With a ton of headfi equipment to audition at CanJam, believe me, every minute counts. Two days is not enough.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
    third_eye likes this.
  15. raypin
    Mm...during my audition at Canjam Singapore 2017, the HE 1 demo unit was attached to a Mac via a fancy usb. The tracks were in the hundreds. The Senn people played two tracks of their choice (yes, one of them was the everlasting Hotel California), then I got to choose my tracks from the Mac. The audition lasted 15 minutes. To maximize my time, I selected tracks that I am familiar with and played maybe 20 to 30 seconds of the track before moving to the next.

Intense experience. .

First

Back
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.