Separate names with a comma.
nvm, somebody already mentioned
I understand the controlled experience but... what if i wanted to listen to...
No CD transport then?
Frankly, the last thing I want is to listen to a piece of gear that a) will shame every other thing I ever hear, and b) will never be something I can buy. Unless I win lotto. I guess some people can enjoy learning how good it can get, but I am not one of them.
just because it cost 55k doesnt mean it will sound good to you...you would think it will but spending that much your mind tend to trick you...."dang if I spend 55k, and I think this sound horrid, must be something wrong with my ear"
With Axel gone i dont think so...
Ok, went a little bit farther than I expected.
I guess it’s conceivable. But Sennheiser has some credibility here. I’m going to assume it’s the goods.
So true. If the Nuraphone taught us one thing it's that our hearing profiles and preferences seem to be as unique as our fingerprints. No guarantee that what sounds best to Sennheiser's top acoustic engineers is good to sound equally superior to everybody else.
Sorry to go off-topic here folks But... @TSAVAlan - are you folks going to be demo-ing Shanling's gear at your booth this year?
P.S. And Questyle's DAPs? QPM??
I wouldnt even believe it if sennheiser straight up say yes lol....
I don't care man im so desperate for a new flagship stat from Sennheiser ..... i would even fork out 4k for it...
Won't reveal our gear list until the CanJam video
Alan, you're such a tease!
Right in time for my move to Los Angeles...this must be some sort of providence.
Are there any age restrictions? If I went, I'd have to have the 11 and 5yos along with me if I did go. They're civilized, though...I promise.
Mm...it is a very short audition in a very quiet room. It is a sample.
1. You really can’t judge what the HE 1 is fully capable of. For that, you need a dozen hours or so, playing all the tracks you are familiar with and with different sources.
2. If you are serious about buying it, arrange a private audition with Sennheiser. I think they will be accomodating.
3. Stop criticizing Sennheiser for the audition mechanics because of the very limited time and the need to accomodate as many auditions as possible.
4. Best source for the HE 1 is, in my experience, the Chord Blu Mk II CD player. I don’t bother any more with USB.
5. With a ton of headfi equipment to audition at CanJam, believe me, every minute counts. Two days is not enough.
Mm...during my audition at Canjam Singapore 2017, the HE 1 demo unit was attached to a Mac via a fancy usb. The tracks were in the hundreds. The Senn people played two tracks of their choice (yes, one of them was the everlasting Hotel California), then I got to choose my tracks from the Mac. The audition lasted 15 minutes. To maximize my time, I selected tracks that I am familiar with and played maybe 20 to 30 seconds of the track before moving to the next.
Intense experience. .