CanJam SoCal 2019 Impressions thread
Jun 22, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #16 of 438
Seminar Reminder: Saturday, from 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm, Rob Watts Presenting
"Chord Hugo TT 2 And Hugo M Scaler Technical Seminar"

(in the Rancho Las Palmas room on the main level, just outside the main CanJam exhibit hall)

Rob Watts will be talking about the new design and technologies behind the Chord Electronics Hugo TT 2, including a presentation of the Hugo TT 2’s measured performance. He will also discuss the importance of transients for auditory perception, and how the Hugo M Scaler guarantees better than 16-bit reconstruction of transients with its one-million tap WTA filter.

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 438
Quick impressions while I wait for my food at the Food Hall..

Tons of inventory of all things headphones to sample and explore.

Got to listen to the Chord Dave which was on the bucket list. Very impressive.

Dan at Mr. Speakers was fun to talk to, really enjoyed the Ether Flow and Ether 2.

Zach and his wife are amazing people, really happy that I own a pair of ZMF cans, and trying to avoid the temptation of impulse buying a

The guys at ifi were also really cool but I wasn’t as impressed with their TOTL as some of the other high end stuff.

Overall everyone here has been great, enjoying the SoCal headphone community.

Question:
Has anyone seen a vendor selling or even previewing RME ADI-2 DAC?

Jun 22, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #18 of 438
I recommend trying out the Hifiman Susvara at the Benchmark spot with the dac3 + HPA4... it has a "this is as good as it gets" air to it.

I was more impressed with the Meze Empyrean than I'd thought I'd be, and the same goes for the Focal Stellia.

From all the IEMs I tried, my favorite was the Empire Ears Legend X, and I was underwhelmed with the Campfire Andromeda, perhaps because I was too hyped about it...

*****all that aside: I'm wondering if anyone has any dinner / drinks plan for after the show?!*******

Jun 22, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #19 of 438
It's the Kaldas Research Conquest $500 electrostatic headphone. It's very impressive for what you're paying for!

Do you know if that headphone comes with an energizer?

Jun 22, 2019 at 7:20 PM Post #21 of 438
I recommend trying out the Hifiman Susvara at the Benchmark spot with the dac3 + HPA4... it has a "this is as good as it gets" air to it.

I was more impressed with the Meze Empyrean than I'd thought I'd be, and the same goes for the Focal Stellia.

From all the IEMs I tried, my favorite was the Empire Ears Legend X, and I was underwhelmed with the Campfire Andromeda, perhaps because I was too hyped about it...

*****all that aside: I'm wondering if anyone has any dinner / drinks plan for after the show?!*******

Have u had a chance to audition the new valkyrie iem from empire ears?

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #23 of 438
Up early getting ready for day 1, I am so excited. Lets have a great day folks, stop by and say hello at the Noble booth, grab some candy, test some stuff and just have fun.
Will you guys announce the Khan Custom during CanJam?

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:44 PM Post #24 of 438
Have u had a chance to audition the new valkyrie iem from empire ears?

Yep. It’s pretty amazing, I’m actually deciding whether to get it or not... it’s got solid bass, a tad less visceral but more controlled than legend x, but it seems more extended or airy at the top than legend x. Still, hard to evaluate in detail at the show, but another headfier actually took measurements and he may post them here too

Jun 22, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #25 of 438
Yep. It’s pretty amazing, I’m actually deciding whether to get it or not... it’s got solid bass, a tad less visceral but more controlled than legend x, but it seems more extended or airy at the top than legend x. Still, hard to evaluate in detail at the show, but another headfier actually took measurements and he may post them here too
From your quick impressions, worth the extra gold bar on top of the Legend X?

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #26 of 438
From your quick impressions, worth the extra gold bar on top of the Legend X?

The response was in reference to the Valkyrie, which is less money than Legend X.

Jun 22, 2019 at 9:27 PM Post #27 of 438
The RR1 by Kaldas are serious, for real.

582921907.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back