1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam SoCal 2019 Impressions thread

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. Somatics
    Sincere congratulations! The A18t, hands down. Pants down. Whatever, just get them, they're an absolute masterpiece of engineering.

Giullian likes this.
  2. NovaFlyer

Congrats on winning!

3. Somatics
    Wow, that's one hell of a statement! I'm definitely looking into this. Cheers.

4. Mani ATH 87
    This is such a strong statement and so important in my opinion. Thanks for sharing this thought.

pstickne likes this.
  5. bowei006 Contributor
    Awesome show. Happy to see everyone there

joe likes this.
  6. shadowplay0
    I had to LOL when the $15k dCS streamer marked 24bit streams as 16bit on the front panel. As I told the rep, my car's trade-in value may or may not be enough to cover it,. Dang, It sounded good tho

Sp12er3 likes this.
  7. czy6412
    I am probably the only one who thought wraith as the best iem for the show.

pstickne and ajyagle like this.
  8. raypin
    Mm....no worries. The opinion of others are irrelevant. Your ears. Your money. Your opinion.

pstickne, Sp12er3, ajyagle and 5 others like this.
  9. cr3ativ3
    Can you compare them a little bit ? Maybe to the legend x ?

10. DecentLevi
    Yes it is, but bold statement super well deserved to the "Heddphone" from Hedd.Audio. But "better" is a subjective word. The Raal SR1A should actually be preferrable for things like movies and classical or even jazz with the absolutely unrivaled soundstage and spacial positioning, but the Heddphone may be more preferrable for everything else having what I consider having improved lower frequency response (along with the entire spectrum) and dynamics, and possibly a bit more of a cohesive experience doing no wrong at any of the 4 amps I tried it on, aside from one which didn't drive it loud enough. Both headphones are based on the same new ribbon technology as I was told by the designer, but this is the first headphone of this type to plug in with a normal connection without a converter box. Until next time for a more complete write up on this and other discoveries, off I go for a while

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  11. whirlwind
    Yes, I hear this all of the time. I too own two ZMF headphones and I will be getting another also.
    I really need to meet Zach and Bevin if just to tell them Hello, and Thank you.
    They very much seem like my kind of people and Zach has been a pleasure to deal with in my past experiences.

At some point when I retire, the wife and I want to take a trip to Chicago to see some blues clubs, Buddy Guy's Lengends and such....maybe we would be allowed to stop in and see them.

12. musicday
    Nobody really saw/ tried IEMs at Tralucent Audio?

raypin likes this.
  13. up late
    the grado hf3 remains a mystery. does anyone have any pics of it to share?

edit: nvm - just found one

Grado HF3.jpeg

Sp12er3 and pure5152 like this.
  14. Vitaly2017
    I had the exact same feeling when I heard phantom and zeus side by side. This just tells we prefer phantom type tuning.

Hmm wonder how the w9 subwoofer express bass and if it can rumble and be visceral. How low can it go?

More midrange then phantom, for me mids where perfect on phantom hmmm.

Does valkyrie feel linear and equal in frequency response? I hate u shaped or v shaped even w....

15. Vitaly2017
    Soo sad
    I had same problem with my tia forte loved it so much amazing dd. Among the best dd bass ever heard but that treble siblance killed it for me....

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last