CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 13, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #196 of 529
Awesome, I'm looking forward to getting the chance to hear the Orpheus, even though I'll never get to own it. I heard the Orpheus 2 and/or Hifiman's Shangri-La was there last year, so maybe someone can at least do a by-memory comparison of those to the HE-1 - though from what I gather, nothing beats the 'real thing'.

At CanJam 2015 I had the opportunity to try a mainstay of Sennheiser's headphones - I got the basic gist of the sound signature of each, however IIRC their rig consisted of just a laptop as a source with an amp... DAC-less, which IMO didn't properly showcase the potential of their line-up. Sennheiser hopefully you can also use a good DAC this year for your 'regular' headphones.

I am *certain* they will use a dedicated DAC at SoCal CanJam, probably their own unit, but one way or another it'll happen.

Mar 14, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #199 of 529
  HiFiMAN will be exhibiting at So Cal CanJam 2017. One of our team members, Angel Resto, won't be able to join us there so we are looking for an experienced HeadFier to help us at our booth. 

We will need that individual to assist us both days and ideally in setup and tear down. 

Anyone interested should send me a PM expressing their interest and telling me about their qualifications. 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. 

Peter Hoagland

Well I'll be all engulfed in the show. But I'd recon some incentives for the volunteer may get the ball rolling.

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:13 AM Post #207 of 529
Although it's generally not disallowed, buying / selling does not often occur during a Can Jam, which is a trade show geared towards showcasing products to the community for purposes of discovery / comparison and vendor promotion. However many vendors do offer limited time show promos, of which products are usually bought online. So theoretically you could use your credit card at the meet in this way. I've also seen occasional used items being sold for cash, and more often raffles for free giveaways.

Official Head-Fi Meets and Can Jams are essentially sponsored showcases, with the exception of the meets that also incorporate 'member showcases', and there are also local unofficial meet-ups that often disallow selling due to restrictions of the specific venue used for the show.

EDIT: Wowza, I see in recent years some vendors are accepting credit cards at the show 
redface.gif

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:18 AM Post #208 of 529
Mar 16, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #209 of 529
  If I want to buy something at CanJam, I wanted to verify that all vendors will be able to accept credit cards.  Is this the case?

Not all vendors have product to sell at the show.  Those who do usually accept credit card.  

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #210 of 529
CanJam SoCal Hotel Rooms
Reserve your rooms for CanJam SoCal now! If you have not yet booked your room, here is the link to our discounted rate of $249/night at the JW Marriott L.A. LIVE:

https://aws.passkey.com/event/16219678/owner/1450096/landing

Double rooms that can be shared are also available and please feel free to use this thread to post in case anyone is looking to share a room. Please note that this link and rate expires on Thursday, March 30. These room reservations are also fully refundable and can be canceled up to 2 days before the check in date.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the biggest CanJam yet, CanJam SoCal 2017!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back