CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #181 of 529
Will there be a list for all extracurricular activities? Can registration be done at the door?

Mar 4, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #182 of 529
cgiammona|XL|1

Mar 5, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #184 of 529
I just got my ticket. Do we need to print it, or can you look it up for us by name at the table like at the SF meet?
Has anyone agreed to host your amp? I would really like to hear a Feliks amp.

Mar 6, 2017 at 1:07 AM Post #185 of 529
So far no home for my Euforia at CanJam. This would be the first public viewing of this fine tube amp, before its' official planned inclusion at CanJam London this summer with Feliks Audio themselves. A little background is this is the evolution of the Elise tube amp, which was created with the input of fellow Head-Fier @hypnos1. The Elise tube amp has garnered universal acclaim of all who have tried it as punching well above its' price point ($700) and yielding sonic performance of staggering proportions. This amp has also gained so much attention on Head-Fi that there have been 3 threads, peaking here multiple times as the #1 thread, and one even had to be shut down due to controversy. And I myself just recently after a long, adventurous tube rolling journey, was able to get sound out of my Elise that I had described as 'tantalizing' and 'intoxicating'... humongous soundstage, boundless energy, surreal realism, and weighty dynamics, etc. Then finally I've just taken the performance of my Elise well into the stratosphere with other tubes that gave a cleaner, punchier version of the above.

The Euforia amp is currently being produced tirelessly 24/7 to fulfill orders by this extraordinary family business in Poland, and they are trying to finish mine in time to showcase it at CanJam this April. It uses the same tube compliments as the Elise, and is based on upgraded internal components and a more powerful transformer from a highly respected company in the industry, and is said to perform several tiers above the Elise - of which already has been compared comparably to the DarkVoice 336SE.

I would really like to try a few specific headphones on the Euforia, and it looks like some of us would really like to check it out too. So if any vendors are reading this, please send me a PM if you would consider giving my Euforia amp a home on your table for the weekend. This could also be an extraordinary amp to showcase your headphones with. It also doesn't take too much space, at around 8" x 12".

Also @hypnos1 you're currently the only one with this amp, and would you care to add anything?

Mar 7, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #190 of 529
  Me too! See you all down there.

Going to be my 2nd, and definitely not my last... 
gs1000.gif

Mar 10, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #191 of 529
Bimmer100|M|1

Mar 10, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #194 of 529
Awesome, I'm looking forward to getting the chance to hear the Orpheus, even though I'll never get to own it. I heard the Orpheus 2 and/or Hifiman's Shangri-La was there last year, so maybe someone can at least do a by-memory comparison of those to the HE-1 - though from what I gather, nothing beats the 'real thing'.

At CanJam 2015 I had the opportunity to try a mainstay of Sennheiser's headphones - I got the basic gist of the sound signature of each, however IIRC their rig consisted of just a laptop as a source with an amp... DAC-less, which IMO didn't properly showcase the potential of their line-up. Sennheiser hopefully you can also use a good DAC this year for your 'regular' headphones.

Mar 13, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #195 of 529
HiFiMAN will be exhibiting at So Cal CanJam 2017. One of our team members, Angel Resto, won't be able to join us there so we are looking for an experienced HeadFier to help us at our booth. 

We will need that individual to assist us both days and ideally in setup and tear down. 

Anyone interested should send me a PM expressing their interest and telling me about their qualifications. 

Thank you and we look forward to seeing everyone in a few weeks. 

Peter Hoagland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back