CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #212 of 529
Tshirts are cool but for $30? I donno

I think it's like $25 if you preorder? It's less about it being a really nice shirt (the silkscreening is quality though, usually look great), what you're really buying into is a commemorative badge/art thing that just so happens you can wear.

If the commemorative aspect isn't worth $25-$30, no worries :)

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:37 PM Post #215 of 529
A friend and I are going. We live 30 miles away, so the drive shouldn't be too bad.

The plan is to go on Sunday afternoon to maybe avoid heavy attendance ... does this seem right? We definitely want to check out the big Sennheiser rig.

My first CanJam. Can I bring my own stack in order to listen to headphones/IEMs?

I'm really interested in how the brand new Final FI-BA-SST compares to my AKR02, my reference IEMs.

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:44 PM Post #216 of 529
A friend and I are going. We live 30 miles away, so the drive shouldn't be too bad.

The plan is to go on Sunday afternoon to maybe avoid heavy attendance ... does this seem right? We definitely want to check out the big Sennheiser rig.

My first CanJam. Can I bring my own stack in order to listen to headphones/IEMs?

I'm really interested in how the brand new Final FI-BA-SST compares to my AKR02, my references IEMs.

I would recommend getting there as early as you can. The time will go by far to fast. 

Mar 19, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #217 of 529
The plan is to go on Sunday afternoon to maybe avoid heavy attendance ... does this seem right? 

Actually the opposite is true. Mornings are generally hecka slow, and things usually pick up around 2-3pm, with perhaps Sunday afternoon the busiest. 

It's definitely a good idea to bring your own headphones to audition amps, and portable rigs as well. Myself and many have always done that.

Also I'd recommend strongly considering spending as much time as possible there. I remember last time I went, two (full) days was actually not enough to try everything.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #218 of 529

I'm really interested in how the brand new Final FI-BA-SST compares to my AKR02, my reference IEMs.

I would recommend going for two days, to give you the most leeway to listen to anything specific, especially one that you may have to wait a while to listen to. I wouldn't recommend going for only an afternoon since you may not get to listen to very many setups in the very short time frame. Plus you would have even more limited time during the event to meet fellow Head-Fiers.

Bring your stack and whatever you'd like - make sure they are close to you to minimize possible theft (not to scare you or anything, just being real).

Looking forward to seeing you and your friend there - feel free to come up to me and say hi; I shouldn't be very difficult to find. :normal_smile :

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #221 of 529
Don't miss you chance to audition the A16 Realiser from Smyth Research! Here is the link to the sign up form: [COLOR=444444]https://goo.gl/LmGmml[/COLOR]

Please have your CanJam SoCal ticket number for sign up and as a reminder, it's one audition slot per CanJam attendee! Register for CanJam SoCal here: [COLOR=444444]https://goo.gl/Vydbdj[/COLOR]

Y'all gonna try this demo...truly amazing system to mimick surround sound with headphones. I can't tell whether it's the headphones or the speakers.

Mar 20, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #222 of 529
Y'all gonna this demo...truly amazing system to mimick surround sound with headphones. I can't tell whether it's the headphones or the speakers.

Signed up!!  Cannot wait.......  
gs1000.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #223 of 529
I would recommend going for two days, to give you the most leeway to listen to anything specific, especially one that you may have to wait a while to listen to. I wouldn't recommend going for only an afternoon since you may not get to listen to very many setups in the very short time frame. Plus you would have even more limited time during the event to meet fellow Head-Fiers.

Yeah, for sure. Given the quantity of rigs that will be available to audition with around 200 listening stations it will be nearly impossible to audition everything even if attending both days. Best advice is to come early!

Mar 20, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #224 of 529
Yeah, for sure. Given the quantity of rigs that will be available to audition with around 200 listening stations it will be nearly impossible to audition everything even if attending both days. Best advice is to come early!

CanJam SoCal can be nothing more than pure awesomesauce.

Looking forward to seeing you there! :beerchug:

P.S. SPiN is right around the corner from the venue (you can literally walk there)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back